Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I havn't posted in a couple months but do try to check what is going on. A few months back there was a lot of discussion about (spider monkey?) and some guys designing and putting together a custom fuel tank for the FFR kits.

I sent $50 as a deposit thinking up front that if I lose it then it's only $50. 8/31/05 I sent Ryan at [email protected] an e-mail asking the status. He promptly replied that his guy has the mold finished and would be sending pictures in the next couple of days. I tried a follow-up E-mail tonight and it's returned with no known address.

Has anyone else been in contact with the guys fabbing the fuel tank for cobra? Ryan, If you are still legit just keep us posted, if not, I sent the $50 not expecting it back anyway.

Just wondered if any body else was in the same boat as I was, wondering.

Mike M.

[ September 22, 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: SuperCobra4Me ]

·
Senior Charter Member
391 Posts
I thought I sent those poctures to you, I am sorry, my e-mail is [email protected]. I will get those pictures out to you. he is having a problem getting the tank out fo the mold, and is having to change the mold a little bit.

Here are the pictures of the mold for all to see.

I am really sorry that this has taken so long, unfortunatly the guy is in Florida, and I am in Indiana, otherwise I would be doing more to get it done sooner.

·
5,559 Posts
That is going to be awesome! Please keep us updated on the status! Also, any ballpark idea of finished cost?

Brian

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Mike, could you edit the title of this thread, please? Given the constructive tone of the posts, it's a shame to have the title be so negative! Thanks.

·
Senior Charter Member
391 Posts
No finished price has been set, I am waiting for the supplier to finally finish it, he has had a few of his workers quit, which had delayed the project, a lot, so I am trying to kind of keep things quiet until we actually have something. It is going to be a poly tank, foam blocks will be available to put in it. As soon as I get one of the tanks I will let everyone know.

Thanks

Ryan

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Hey Sergio! If my vote is all it takes, YES, please edit the title. I'm keeping an eye on the poly tank project,as a possible upgrade later. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I'm in the same boat with Mike, wondering what happened, and about to write this project off as a loss.

Would it help if we all contacted Competition Coatings about this? Maybe if he new he had future business waiting in the wings it would motovate the maker the hurry along.

[ September 22, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Rip Van Winkle ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,441 Posts
Ryan,

What is the capacity of the tank? Does it use the standard Ford fuel level sender and pick-ups? Will it fit with IRS?

Looks Great! Keep us informed.

Kevin

·
Junior Charter Member
1,991 Posts
There was supposed to be a shallow 16 gallon, and a deeper 24 gallon model. I would think that the one shown here is the smaller one.

Read the older post for more info (click on Ryan's profile, search for last 50 post and you will see it easily).

·
Senior Charter Member
540 Posts
I take it that the tank to be fabricated is to be roto-molded by the pictures provided. Seeings how I am a plastics engineer refugee, would be curious what performance testing measures you plan to do. Very interesting project!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts