Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I lined up my doors and they look pretty good. I did all the aligning with the striker post off the car. With out the striker post, both doors line up real nice and open and close all the way. I have not put weatherstrip on yet.

When I put the striker posts on - and this is the case for both doors - the doors will close fine to the first detent but then both stop dead a good bit before they can engage the large hole on the post - and it is not a matter of pushing harder, there is something physically stopping it. I have checked the spring loaded plunger for full movement - they are fine, I double checked to make sure no spots of the door are binding on the boyd - that's fine, I get in there real close with my light and for the life of me I just can't see what is blocking it.

Anybody else come up against this?

[ April 04, 2007, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Mark L. Warner ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I figured out what was blocking - it was not having the striker post out far enough.

Mike - I think that would be a good idea just judging by how the passenger side engaged. I think just a thousandth or two would make a big difference.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Mark I had to do the same as Mike. I used a carbide bit in the air grinder to make the hole a little larger so it could be moved out a little more. Gasket made it too tight to hold.
I tighten the stricker where door when latched was intentionally sticking out to far. Next with door latched tight,loosened the striker post and aligned the edge of door with edge of body. Next without unlatching door retightened the post. This gave me the final alignment.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE - just wanted to check and let everyone know the doors are done. I used the latch spacer on the passenger side, but not the driver's side. Lined up the striker post by keeping it loose, closing the door all the way and then cranking it down. Worked great. I mounted the rear edge (nearest the striker post) a hair high thinking I will get some sag. All weatherstripped around the edge of the door and everything works real nice.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Pics!! We need pics!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts