Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
12-8-2009

We think we have a settlement with Shelby. We're drafting an agreement as we speak. It's not a great settlement for us, but it stops the bleeding. The site gets to remain up but we have to change the domain name. There are some other issues, but I don't want to discuss anything until its signed off.

I need your help again paying the legal bills. This time it's not as much; a little over $7,000. Anything you can do will help us greatly.

In case you're wondering, we haven't heard a word from the judge on our motions.

Hopefully this is coming to an end.

Thanks again,

Bill

***************************************************************************************

10-2-2009

The judge heard our Motion to Dismiss today. She also heard Factory Five's motion to dismiss.

Nothing was decided today. My lawyer said it could take weeks or months for her to rule on the motions.

So more waiting! Wish this madness was over! But it's not, so keep the donations coming. Our legal bills are stacking up.

Thanks,

Bill

9-18-2009

We have filed a motion to dismiss this case and the court will hear it on October 2nd. We have a large bill from the filling and I haven't been able to pay the lawyer the full amount. If you can help, please do.

Shelby filed an opposition to our filing today that is very lengthy on the lawyer needs to reply. That's going to cost more money. SO PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. Let's not let Shelby's lawyers out spend us!

Thank you,

Bill

Thank ALL OF YOU for helping us get to this point in the battle against Shelby, Shelby Licensing and Shelby Trust. I need your help again. Our legal bills have exceeded the money raised.

I know times are tough for many of you, but I need some help building up our Legal Defense Fund because the next step in the lawsuit is going to be very expensive.

There are three ways you can help.

1.) You can make a donation through PayPal by clicking here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2647148

2.) If you want to send a check, please mail it to:

Bill Peirce
3939 Royal Drive NW, Suite 139
Kennesaw, GA 30144

3.) You can join the Supporting Membership by clicking here.

Our lawyer has tried to get Shelby's lawyer to settle this case, but without success. We're sending a settlement offer letter this week to the lawyer and we hope that his clients will see that settling with a fan site is the way to go. But if they won't settle, we're going to start prepping for a motion that could get us dismissed from this case AND try to recover our costs.

If you have read Shelby's complaint you'll know that they have the facts wrong about FFCars.com and have made some claims that are obviously frivolous. If they had done their due diligence they would have known this and we would not be in this suit.

We are even considering going after the lawyer for Shelby for continuing to include FFCars.com as a defendant in this lawsuit. We have offered proof that their claims are without merit yet he is not willing to drop us from the case, therefore he may be liable for our attorney's fees.

Please help if you can and if you can't, don't worry... we'll hit you up again if this madness keeps up.

It was nice to hearing the support for FFCars.com from so many people last weekend at the London Cobra Show. Many people are upset that Shelby is suing a fan site.

This is a new post, but a continuation of this post: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206492

Thanks again,

Bill

·
7,716 Posts
Bill,

Funds on the way via Pay-pal.

Ray

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Bill,
I'm still unemployed but another $100 ain't gonna break me....paypal on the way

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Bill.

I can't upgrade my membership any higher but I'll send a couple of hundred tonight.
Its amazing how the Lawyer does not see the facts,

Keep up the good fight, :001_smile:

Bob S

·
5,470 Posts
Sent what I can, hopefully the whole Lotto thing will work out and I can contribute more! :blink:

·
1,913 Posts
Paypal'ed just now - if you do manage to claim legal costs, can we print up T-shirts for all contributors ;-)

·
Registered
201 Posts
send me the windshield decal and key chain that I ordered 3 weeks ago to advertize YOU!

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
335 Posts
Bill,
I sent what I could! Good luck.
Dan

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Upgraded...

·
191 Posts
Bill Paypal sent . Thanks for all you do here on the forum, thanks for what you did at London Show, was good to see you and your family there. Wayne

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
Upgraded my membership.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
On the way!

·
Junior Charter Member
823 Posts
Another Benjamin on the way.

Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
A bump and a few bucks your way. I'll shoot for more the end of July. Good luck on fighting the good fight for us. It's amazing to me that one can be minding their own business and get pulled into something this ridiculous.

All the best, Don

1 - 20 of 163 Posts