Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have to say I was surprised to see another Cobra while out on a road trip on Sept 19th. i was heading home from Edmonton towards Athabasca and saw the undeniable front end of a red (with white stripe) approaching us. We waved, hope you saw us.
nice car BTW :)

·
Snake Farmer
10,297 Posts
Other than Ontario, Alberta has the most FFR roadster's by Province, in Canada.

Not that many years ago there was an active Cobra club, which organised day cruises, and overnight trips, a few times a year. I'm not sure why, but it seems to have lost the enthusiasm.
I don't see half as many Albertan's posting on here anymore either..Perhaps it was the economic situation, from back when the oil industry took a turn for the worst?

That being said, for the size of Canada, and the low number of roadsters, coupes, rods, etc., makes any of them extremely rare to see. I like that aspect.

·
Charter Member
1,775 Posts
how old does a U.S. build Cobra replica have to been to be sold into Canada?

I have a 27 year old Cobra that I want to sell.

Dwight

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I was in college in the early to mid '60's and only saw one 'original' until later in the 80's when I was visiting Summit Point Raceway in VA. Now unless I'm at a car show or cobra gathering I only see about one a year on the road.

George

·
Snake Farmer
10,297 Posts

·
Actual builder now!
1,479 Posts
I was in college in the early to mid '60's and only saw one 'original' until later in the 80's when I was visiting Summit Point Raceway in VA. Now unless I'm at a car show or cobra gathering I only see about one a year on the road.

George
Hopefully we see yours on the road soon George.

Steve

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Hopefully we see yours on the road soon George.

Steve
Steve,

This summer was supposed to be the 'Summer of the Cobra'. Ha, for some reason I could not believe it. Well, it didn't happen. It became the summer of selling our cottage in Vermont and moving the car and all my 'stuff' to a new home in North Carolina. Well, the new garage is almost packed full (the car is still on the trailer) and I'm slowly unpacking my parts, tools, woodworking equipment, wood and setting up shop again down here. Since, I started building the car I've moved three times. And two of those times was to our 'retirement' home.

Don't know if I'll ever get back to Vermont but I will finish the car this winter. My wife promises that this will be the 'Winter of the Cobra'.

For those of you who don't know, I've got the first Mk IV to leave Factory Five in March of 2010. Many modifications and the moves and finishing a house build and rehabbing a lake cottage and more have kept me from finishing it. However, I've totally enjoyed all of it but it is time to get the car finished.

For one of my sort of crazy modifications see my signature below for the modification of my footboxes and firewall.

George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts