Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted my lokar ebrake handle on the top of the tunnel.
Any reason not cut off the unused factory bracket on the side?

It looks like it extends out past the floorboard aluminum a little and a flat patch may not install cleanly.

I can't see any other need for it, just want to be sure before i go cutting it off.

Dennis

· Senior Charter Member
2,836 Posts
Off with it! I cut mine out. If you're going the Lokar handle route, good choice. However, you need more leverage to hold the car on any kind of incline. I mounted a 10" piece of aluminum bar stock to a 3/4" frame member at the bottom of the tunnel. The attachment point of the handle goes to the top of the bar and the cable attachment goes around the middle of the bar. More travel on the handle = less travel on the cable = more pulling force on the cable. Works like a champ.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off with it! I cut mine out. If you're going the Lokar handle route, good choice. However, you need more leverage to hold the car on any kind of incline. I mounted a 10" piece of aluminum bar stock to a 3/4" frame member at the bottom of the tunnel. The attachment point of the handle goes to the top of the bar and the cable attachment goes around the middle of the bar. More travel on the handle = less travel on the cable = more pulling force on the cable. Works like a champ.
I have the wilwood spot calipers, I don't have wheels on yet, but it feels like I am getting plenty of braking force. Others have reported the same experience.

Dennis

· Senior Charter Member
2,836 Posts
I thought the same thing while the car was on relatively flat ground in gokart trim, but later found it to be mostly useless. Also, once the rotors are broke in and smooth, there's less grip for the ebrake. Granted, I don't have Wilwood brakes, but this is my experience. This mod isn't impossible to do afterwords, but would've been so much easier during the build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.