Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfinished MkII Roadster in Austin, TX - $19,000

My brother and I started this kit (#4846) in 2003,and made good progress on it for several years before jobs, family, relocation, and other hobbies got in the way. We have come to terms with the fact that we just don’t have the time or drive to complete this, so we are selling.

It is an unfinished Factory Five MkII Roadster, at the rolling chassis stage (not yet a running go-kart, but close). My brother and I are both engineers, so we “did it right” to the best of our abilities throughout the assembly so far. The donor car was a 92 Mustang, but most of the parts have been replaced, repaired, or upgraded along the way - not much of the donor left in this kit now, beyond the 5.0 engine and transmission.

We are asking $19,000. Some of the highlights are listed below:

3-Link Rear, welded bracket
8.8 Rear End w/ 3.55 gears, professionally rebuilt at Austin Drive Train, Inc.
Eaton posi
FFR Bilsteins, recall completed
Seal washers installed on all rod ends
All stainless hardware (aside from high-strength grade 8 locations)
Baer Racing Track/Tour complete brake system, slotted/cross-drilled, 13” front, 11” rear
Front adjustable upper A-arms, FFR tubular lowers
Raceline 239 GT Wheels, 17x8” front, 17x10” rear
Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, 285/40ZR-17 rear, 245/45ZR-17 front
Ron Francis wire harness (dash and body)
Billet adjustable clutch quadrant
FFR Street Performer seats
BBK in-tank 255 lph fuel pump
Braided fuel lines, AN fittings
Aeromotive billet fuel rails, regulator, pressure gauge, filter
Kenne Bell axle cover/girdle
Goodyear Hi-Miler hoses
Dual roll bars, chrome
Ceramic-coated side pipes
Carbon fiber rock guards
Moto-Lita wood steering wheel
Wipers, heater/defroster kits installed
Adjustable driver’s-side seat track
Body cutouts complete (FFR option)
Raydot mirrors
Aluminum battery box
Plus many, many nice odds & ends that you don’t even know you’ll need when you start on a FFR kit!

The body is unfinished, so you can choose whatever paint and bodywork you like. There’s even a rolling body-buck included.

The kit is located in Austin, TX. We also have an 18’ Big-Tex 70DM tandem-axle car-hauler for sale as well for $1000 (with the kit), if you want to pick up the car yourself. We’d really like to find a relatively local buyer, because shipping the rolling chassis, body, and many boxes of remaining parts (aluminum, carpets, seats, etc.) will be difficult - much easier to move it locally.

If you are considering a FFR Roadster kit, save yourself years of work - this kit is at the right point to be finished in a relatively short time, and you will have a tough time finding a nicer set of options and extras.

There is a Picasa gallery of photos here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114755...authkey=Gv1sRgCKqcpvfCjOfz7AE&feat=directlink

If you are interested, send me a private message and I’ll respond with my phone and email. If you are in the Austin area, I’ll be happy to let you check out the kit in person.

Thanks for looking!
- Dwight

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price reduced to $19,000

We have dropped the price a bit to be more consistent with the market. Thanks for looking!

·
Banned
669 Posts
Big-Tex 70DM tandem-axle car-hauler

Im interested on the car-hauler. PM sent

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes - the kit is still available. We have just been letting things simmer, as we have both been busy with work and the holiday season.

Send me a PM if you don't already have my phone and/or email.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

- Dwight

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes - the kit is still available. I've just been very low-key in my efforts to sell. If you are genuinely interested, I'm happy to talk about it and answer questions, or show it if you are local or visiting the Austin, TX area.

Thanks again for your continued interest!

- Dwight

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dwight,
I sent you a PM earlier today concerning your car. I live in OKC and am willing to make the drive Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday to look at it in detail and further discuss the sale. As I said in my PM, I finally retired from the Air Force after 26 years and as many deployments, it is time for me to chill and build something fun. You can reach me on my cell number previously provided (text and voice) or through email at [email protected].

Hope to hear from you soon,
Michael

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sale pending!

Hello everyone - this kit is sold, pending actual pick-up and exchange of funds. (I will post again in a few days when the sale is truly complete, just so everyone knows the sale actually went through, etc.)

Thanks again to all of you who expressed interest. It was a pleasure dealing with everyone who contacted me from the forum!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you

Dwight,
It was great talking to you and your brother about your car today. I am sure my wife and I are going to have a great time building it and driving it. I will see you in one week and hopefully send you final pictures of your hard work on the road shortly after taking possession.

Michael and Keri

1 - 18 of 18 Posts