Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm flipping through the Summit catalog and can't find it. Does someone have the part number of the unequal length shorty headers and are they all the same? I notice some have a thick flange where it mates to the block and others are seperated between the exhaust ports (the flange doesn't go all the way across) looks like it would be harder to line up. I just want to make sure I don't have issues hitting the top of the footbox close to the firewall.

302 crate motor with GT-40 heads

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a set of Ford Racing shorty headers that I got from Summit, had them on my stock 302 for a couple of hours and then was given 4 into 4's. If you are intersested you can have them for $200. They do have the continous flange and are in perfect shape.
Garry

·
Junior Charter Member
3,485 Posts
Definitely get a set with 1-piece flanges - I had some MAC's with individual flanges and they went on fine the first time. Then I had to change an exhaust gasket later on after they had heat cycled and they were a nightmare to get all of the bolt holes aligned again. Locking bolts are also highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
SD,

I had the Summit brand ceramic coated headers. They rubbed against the (FFMeatl expanded driver's side footbox. :mad: I ended up with the FMS headers and now have more than 1" clearance :D Here is a link: FMS Headers

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Unequal length BBK headers. BBK-15150 $276 bucks. They fit the motor fine, but I haven't dropped it in yet, so we'll see. They really look nice, very well made.

Kevin, I saw those headers when I was ordering mine. I read off my engine P/N to the sales guy and he said I didn't have GT-40P heads. Are those headers only for the "p" heads or will they fit all GT-40 heads?

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
SD, BBK shortys just barely clear the standard MK II driver's side footbox. Mine's within 1/16" and touches if I rest my foot on it.
I ended up building in a little airspace filled with insulation.

·
Charter Member
456 Posts
Dog, I Have the same BBK's on my MK III and they fit fine!

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for th replys. Mine may touch since I did dv/dt's DS footbox mod.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Havn't got them on yet but they look like the same shape as the factory pipes so there shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Lex,

Did you ever get the headers in? How do they fit? I am looking for a new set and you can't beat the price.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts