Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across these photos over in the ClubCobra archives. Thought maybe someone over here might be interested. It looks like an IRS rear suspension, but the principle would probably work for live axle cars too. I'm not sure if this is a CSX or ERA or ???

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More photos:

Seems like there is always someone looking for detailed undercar exhaust photos...these are some great photos.

·
6,559 Posts
Do just the newer ERAs have square tube frames? I never knew ERAs had round tubes at all.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Looks very restrictive.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
No round tubes on ERAs except the front 'X'. That's pretty much the way they run their's though. http://www.erareplicas.com/fia/exhaust.htm
I didn't think that CSXs had any square tubes, wonder what it is?

What a cool dolly, see the way it lets the tubes sit right on it?

·
Super Moderator
29,560 Posts
It has original 6-pin hubs.

2FAST

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,739 Posts
Drew:

Thanks for the pics. They are real help to those of us who are thinking about undercar exhaust.

Rick

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Drew,
That's probably an original 427 with new undercar exhaust and headers added by the owner. The original undercar exhaust were smaller diameter looked different and the bends different.
The frame is identical to the Kirkham and COBRA351 frames, but details says it's REAL!
grumpy

·
Registered
322 Posts
It doesn't have inboard rear brakes and I thought original Cobra 427s had quad shocks in the rear? I don't think it's original unless it's been modified some. I also thought that ERA did make a few round tube frame cars.

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
The originals did not have inboard brakes or quads. They were outboards and coilovers.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
I sure hope that in the not-too-distant-future I can add some useful info for the guys interested in under car exhaust for their cars. My car has been at the shop since October 25 waiting to get an under car exhaust system installed and the only thing that's happened so far is that they've bent a few tubes and I've been able to relocate my battery to the trunk to make room for the mufflers.

Anyway, they've guaranteed me that it'll be done by December 7th. If so, I'll post an update and add pics for those interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts