Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home last night when I was cut off by a car that looked like a 80's civic with a camper-like shell on the back half. It said NX on the left side of the truck. I was not so much mad at the driver cutting me off, as how ugly this car was and sort of felt sorry for the person that paid hard earned money for that car!

What are some of the ugliest car you guys have seen in the last 40 yeas?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, I haven't been around for much over half that time but I have to say the Pontiac Aztec should have been left on the moon :eek: .

John

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Paul,
From your description, I think the car that cut you off was a late '80's, early 90's Nissan Pulsar NX. It was a little two seat hatchback, with an optional hatchback/wagon type cap available for the rear. A forerunner of the modern "crossover" vehicle?

As for ugly cars, boy there are lots. How about the early/mid '80's Seville (with the rear that looks like the car carrier backed halfway up it). The Mustang Cobra II? AMC Matador? Let me think of more...

Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,015 Posts
Hand down no doubt about it,,,, the pontiac "aztec",,,,, or armadillo, as I like to call it.

.....with GM's hideous new suv/truck "thing" (with rivet on rubbermaid trash cans & mud flaps all over it) coming in a close second!!! (WTF are they smoking???)

Oh and let's not forget GM's geniuses who imported the korean econo crap cars a few years back and had the balls to call it a "lemans". (nothing is sacred with them I guess.)

Man, someone needs to just go fire everyone in GMs design studio and pay a group of ten year old kids to draw up some new stuff.

AMC gets awards for about every other car they ever produced,,,, like the gremlin, the pacer, the matador.

The chrysler K-car, the renault fuego, the new toyota little car- I don't know the name but it should be something like the "yecccchhh"

·
FFCobra Fanatic
690 Posts
GM wins this hands down, Aztec and Avalanche, without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
I forgot about the Asstec! Damn, that is an ugly car. I was going to say Pacer or Gremlin, but I think that Pontiac has 'em beat. :D

·
7,097 Posts
The new VW bug is right up there in the running! IMHO

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Wade you were close, it's the Pontiac ass-crack :D , and it is the ugliest car in my opinion. The new bug is fugly too.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I think the Aztek is an obvious choice.

Weendoggy,
Which Citroen are you talking about? I kinda liked the 2CV, I don't know why. It was just so screwy.

How about the Yugo, especially the "Sport" version they had?

There was once a Lincoln version of the Ford Grenada, called the Versailles.

How about the Chevy Citation "X"?

I know I can think of more...

·
Senior Charter Member
721 Posts
Aztec and VW Thing. BLECCH!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,600 Posts
AZTEC NO DOUBT!!!!!!

Hay, CobraEarl....I thought that the Pacer was cute. In fact, here in South Florida you could actually cook a meal on the seats in the summertime if you rolled-up all the windows...and you know, there was an awful lot of glass!!!!!!! :D :D
Thanks,
Ron FFR1738

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The Aztec,AMC Pacer,Matador Chrysler K car.

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
It's a toss up between the Yugo and the Aztec

Keith

·
FFCobra Fanatic
617 Posts
The Nissan NX2000 is so ugly I get pissed-off every time I see one. What's up with those headlights?

The new Monte Carlos have a terrible profile:

But the UGLIEST car in the last 40 years has got to be the early 90's Caprice:

Looks like a Whale turd.

-Joe

·
601 Posts
AMC Pacer!

·
Premium Member
12,326 Posts
Every mid 80's to mid 90's honda civic or similar car with mis-aligned racing stripes, coffee can tail pipes, chinese charaters that mean who knows what with ground effects that never get painted and a whale tail that keeps the car from lifting off the ground even though the car is front wheel drive and rear tractition isn't a problem at freeway speeds. Oh, and they have to have a neuspeed sticker on the windshield or it just isn't fast. Oh, almost forgot...have to have a good phone antenna on the roof with a naked lady and mud flaps that stick out sideways for their 12" rims that have a positive offset that puts the entire tire outside the wheel well...think the bearings are hurting?

Rant over

Darren

1 - 20 of 39 Posts