Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
37,500 OBO. Amazing project car opportunity. My loss is your gain! Bought this 1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe Replica from Factory Five Racing in 2015, the Type 65 Coupe. Added so many $$$ in extra parts some of which listed below in the build details. The build was focusing on building a fun light weight track/ street car with no frills just lots of performance and looks. Got it running great and drove it around the neighborhood a few times with no issues with no body work on it as a go cart. Link to youtube video of driving it here:
https://youtu.be/RQvod90V_88

Started to do the body work and project stalled out. Body is partially mounted and hood is started too. Doors, glass, etc have not been mounted yet and no paint done. I have all of the parts that came with the kit plus some with the sale. Build the car exactly how you want it for exactly what you want to do. Going up on EBAY tonight too as a no reserve auction, but you can buy the car now and ebay will be canceled before end of auction.

List of some upgrades in the build:
Factory Five Type 65 Coupe 2015 kit
363 race motor from Ford Strokers with trick flow heads, Edelbrock vic jr intake, quick fuel carb, msd ignition, so much more all top end parts!
Super Alloy t5 mid shift manual trans from Levy Racing
Big radiator with duel fans and oil cooler from Levy Racing
Cusom 5 link rear suspension from Levy Racing
Rebuilt 8.8 inch Ford rear end with Moser axles and Detroit Tru-trac diff
Willwood upgraded brakes all 4 corners
duel master cylinders
Upgraded wheels and tires
Fire system in car and extra fire bottle
High back race seats with 5 point harness
So much more!

Being sold as-is, where is, with no warranties, as an incomplete car that needs to be gone through completely and body work done before attempting to drive. Buyer needs to check over everything done as no work is guaranteed or has any warranty of any kind on it. The buyer can finish the build however they want at their own risk. Car has never been registered or titled so has none. Has paperwork from Factory Five as well as build manual and other documents.

No shipping included in sale. With full payment will be happy to work with the seller to get it loaded onto a shipper of their choosing, have it shipped with a friend of mine who owns a high end car transport company, or possibly deliver for the buyer to the SE for an additional fee. Assume car not running for shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, looks like an interesting project to finish. A few questions.

1. How is the fitment of the 363? I see a hood scoop in the pictures so assuming the air cleaner will not fit? Have you cut up the hood already?

2. What donor parts were used on this car?

3. Do you have the full engine build specs?

I understand the need for all the language regarding no warranty, "as-is" but can you confirm the condition. Any know problems? Any issues with engine? tranny? electrical?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, looks like an interesting project to finish. A few questions.

1. How is the fitment of the 363? I see a hood scoop in the pictures so assuming the air cleaner will not fit? Have you cut up the hood already?

I understand the need for all the language regarding no warranty, "as-is" but can you confirm the condition. Any know problems? Any issues with engine? tranny? electrical?

Thanks!
Thanks for reaching out Dust Devil. You are going to love the car. To answer your questions:

The 363 is built on a 302 style block from dart racing so with the right parts could be made to fit under the hood. I wasn't willing to sacrifice choices just to get it to fit so I put on big cylinder heads, a big manifold, spacer between carb and intake, and a big air cleaner and it wouldn't fit by a few inches. Small hole for intake already cut in hood and scoop purchased but not fit or mounted yet.

Car is built on a complete kit. All new parts except I did grab an 8.8 rear end out of a mustang. I totally gutted the rear end though. Ground it down and painted it. New bearings and seals, moser axles, detroit try-trac gear based limited slip, ford racing ring and pinion, even a new diff cover that works with the 5 link Levy racing suspension. So truly only the housing/axle tubes are donor parts.

I am definitely a little nervous selling an incomplete home built car for someone else to finish from a liability perspective. Yes the car ran, drove, stopped, handled great with no issues that I didn't already iron out as a go cart. Buyer will need to finish the build; body work, exhaust, etc and check everything to proceed at their own risk. It worked great for me, but is being sold as is, where is, with no warranty as a car that needs to be built. Check everything and it's on you. I have not finished building the car, and it is far from being fully tested out.

I do still have all of the paper work that came with the engine from Ford Strokers. No expense was spared in this incredible engine with over 10,000 dollars invested in it alone. From the build sheet some of the features are:
363 Liberator Dart Longblock-
Dart SHP Machined Block
RPM 4340 Forged Steel 3.4 Crankshaft
Rpm 4340 Steel H Beam rods 5.4
Wiseco 2618 Forged Pistons (Flat, tfs) 4.125
Wiseco GFX ring package
Clevite 77h main bearings
Clevite 77h rod bearings
Dart coated cam bearings
Fel Pro rear main seal
ARP main studs
Ford Strokers custom HYD roller billet camshaft
Melling oil pump
ARP Billet oil pump shaft
Fel Pro gasket set
Moroso 7 qt oil pan
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 205 11r cylinder heads 58cc
Morel Had Roller link bar lifters
4130 Chromemoly .080 wall 1 piece formed end pushrods
Ford Racing (crane) roller rocker arms 1.6
arp head studs
powerbond sfi internal balancer
Bore 4.125, stroke 3.4, disp 363, Cam Billet HYD Roller 224/232 @ .050 .359 intake lift .357 exhaust lift

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see the auction on Ebay anymore. Did this already sell?
Mike
That is weird? Still for sale until some one buys it at the auction or I have cash in my hand which hasn't happened yet. I did edit it around 7:30 am eastern time this morning to put the q's and a's I have been getting into the Ebay auction so everyone could see them. Maybe that changed the address? When I search for it on my wife's computer it pops right up?

Try this link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Repli...ash=item52101d815e:g:0KkAAOSwZ9xblUep&vxp=mtr

Let me know that it either is or isn't working. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ratios

Do you recall what gear ratio the ring and pinion is?
What size wheels and tires?
Thanks,
Jim
Ford racing 3.27 rear end with Levy Racing T5 5 speed. Tires are Front 275/40/zr17 Rear 315/35/zr17.

With how much power this engine makes through a pretty decent power band I saw no reason for shorter gearing. That being said gear ratios are decently easy to swap out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pictures

A few More pics you can always email me at [email protected] for any more pics you may want

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EBay Auction ends in a little under 7 hours! 128 people watching it, and it has had 3132 views, but no bids yet. Come swoop in and get it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just won the auction! So excited to get this thing in my driveway and finish off the great start you have made in this.

Thanks to David for dealing with all my questions.

Trent

·
Registered
30 Posts
damn! you're the one that beat me out of it.......... :sad:that is a great deal!
Yea, saw someone slip in with 5s left and try to snipe the deal :). All is fair in love and ebay!

Emailed Gordon Levy already, but now to work on getting my tall body to fit in the Gen 2 coupe with a helmet on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts