Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if i need to build a body buck for the type 65 coupe I am taking delivery of in feb.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Chris,
You definitely will want something just to keep it off the ground, unfortunatelty it is not as easy to build as the roadster one. You will actually need two of them one for the rear and one for the nose. Both can pretty much be built out of 2x4's though.
HTH,
Todd

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,970 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome! Where are you? You might get lucky and find one that's not being used. Mine's sitting behind the garage right now.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Welcome to the forum!Roger

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback, I am located near Philly, if any of you are are in the area and looking to sell one.

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
you don't need one. nice to have but not neccessary......Steven

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
I have a body buck for sale right now but it comes with the kit.
Sorry just had to do it.
Todd

·
Peckin' away at it
1,046 Posts
I did not use one. Nose goes on end, body supported per manual.

·
New
177 Posts
Welcome! Just go buy a couple sheets of plywood, some 2 x 4 's and a box of screws. That with your jig saw and a couple hours (and beer of course) - you're done!

ENJOY!

<Alex>

·
Registered
6 Posts
New forum member

I've been nose'n around and it looks like you all are a good group. I have been interested in FFR for about 4 yrs and look forward to the time when I can build my own (one more kid to get out of school). Grew up in the hod rod days of late 60's early 70's. Know my way around a tool box and am good at working through problems.

Interested if anyone in the Matthews/Charlotte, NC area is working on a FFR. I would like to see if it goes together as I imagine it. Hopefully I'll go the complete kit route since room and spaced is at a premium.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts