Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cobra Enthusiast
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed installing a two-stage boost controller with water/methanol injection in my twin turbo 408 stroker roadster, and thought i'd share the design in case anyone might be interested. It works as follows: in street (low boost mode), the springs in the wastegates control the boost. In my case, i'm using 7 lb springs in TiAL Sport wastegates. In strip (high boost mode) I'm using an AEM water/methanol injection system and a solenoid to divert the control pressure to a restriction-type manual boost controller set at 15 lbs boost. I've designed the system for safety and reliability - if anything goes wrong with the water/methanol injection system, the system won't go to high boost, so the engine won't be damaged due to detonation. This is my first experience with this, so i'm wide open to suggestions and/or criticisms. It's also my first experience with attachments, so I hope they came through.... Jim

Attachments

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Looks well thought out, its interesting to combine both mechanical and electronic methods of boost control. Would it be possible to do the same thing with a digital boost controller like a Greddy Profec B or by using a FAST system with multiple add-ons? Let us know how it works out.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.