Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut to the chase here.

Has anyone out there used the seat heaters that Mike Forte sells. Comments?

I have a Mark4 and purchased the seatbelt bezels from Mike Everson but noticed that with the new non-perky rear the body actually covers a portiong of the seat belt slot. Do I cut off the outside bezels at an angle or what?

Thanks for any help

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Nothing bad to say about Mike F. Asked him for a quote, with shipplping but ended up buying the same product on eBay for half the price and 4$ shipping from CA. Installed it in my leather seats, wired in also. Electrical piece tested fine, come to think of it I didn't test the heating panels yet... I could PM you some more specifics if you want...

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Bought my seat belt bezels from finishline.... I think I chose them because of the price 9$ each. Sent in my order for 2 seats, lady at FL emailed or called back saying I needed to buy 4x9$!!! Plus shipping it ended up more expensive than somewhere else I had also looked at.

A little disapinted withe the screws provided. I would have expected countersunk like my rollbar bezels from FFR.

Also alignment and screwing in resulted in half the screws holding only to carpet! You almost meed a mating bezel on the inside to have a real solid base to screw through.

The outside bezel does interfere with the body, but no issues, just compresses the carpet and insulation... Pics to come.

· Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes please

Nothing bad to say about Mike E. Asked him for a quote, with shipplping but ended up buying the same product on eBay for half the price and 4$ shipping from CA. Installed it in my leather seats, wired in also. Electrical piece tested fine, come to think of it I didn't test the heating panels yet... I could PM you some more specifics if you want...
I would be very interested. Thanks

· Registered
1,178 Posts
I purchased the x member from finishline.

1) I don't want to always run shoulder belts and with the cross member I can install and uninstall them easily and the OPP can't bother me about not wearing them.

2) the 3 of us are big boys, I think the x member raises the shoulder belt so it isn't pressing down on you. My shoulders are well above those slots in the rear bulkhead.

(Edited for iPhone/fat finger typing)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased the x member from finishline.

1) I don't want to always run shoulder belts and with the cross member I can install and uninstall them easily and the OPP can't bother me about not wearing them.

2) the 3 of us are big boys, I think the x member raises the shoulder belt so it isn't pressing down on you. My shoulders are well above those slots in the rear bulkhead.

(Edited for iPhone/fat finger typing)

What?? The OPP bother us about anything? Surely you jest!

I hear you about the height but for me I just don't like the look of the crossbar.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Of us three, only the two of you have actually ridden in a finished Cobra so I'll take your word for it ! (can you believe this? Mine is like 75pc complete or so - depending on how much time body prep and paint will require!!!).

I fit tested the seat belts after installation and if you adjust them not too tight, they can feel loose over the shoulder. By the way, the shoulder piece are not legal in Quebec according to JF (Mk4).

Not sure I like the X member, I prefer a clean rollbar including no visible bolts: we don't want to have 3 identical looking red gel-coat roadsters in Ottawa now do we? oh!... forgot Paul is ahead of the curve here!

As you see in my pic I installed speakers, they fit ok with the seats backed as far as the seat sliders will allow me since I placed the sliders so I could bolt them on solid material in the floor.

That may not take the seat far off enough, so I may have to fab a bracket to offset the driver's seat another .75" or so. If I do, I can't keep that speaker cover, maybe not even the speaker... all this to say that since I have some carpet leftover from the extra for the trunk, I may rethink my rear cockit wall but only after I have ridden the car a season or two. Shoulder belts: that may just give me another add'l excuse to do this and then consider the x member...

Paul: I PMed you with my experience on the "Chinese" eBay seat heaters and the crazyness of painting my seat frames overnight in a Mtl downtown hotel!!!!!!!! :eek:

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Also alignment and screwing in resulted in half the screws holding only to carpet.
Should have mentioned that the pain in the alignment came from the interference with the speakers that I had installed prior to the grommets.:(

Probably without the speakers the grommets would have ended up a tad lower, maybe enought to clear the body. Also ended up squeezing at least one of the bezels under the lip of the speaker.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
You should give rod a call, he must have his winter tires on.

When he took me for a ride it was -4.

I've never had a ride in a cobra without my ski jacket, pants, mitts and a snowmobile helmet. Comfort levels may have been outside the norm.

I can tell you this, my 240 lbs and a snowsuit are a very tight fit for kirkeys. I settle in after a couple of good bumps in the road.

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Sholder harness

The sholder harness are légal on the street cops wont bug you about them. But you cannot pass inspection (saaq) with them (go figure!) .dont install them for inspection then you install them , thats what ni did.

Mk4

· Junior Charter Member
367 Posts
sholder straps

when I pass December 5 2012 they dident say noting for the straps and I hade them on.
Go figure! I think its a mather of who inspects the car.insted they brot other thing up like;;
I need it painted( finish paint) and also the winshield has to have (AS1) staming under the (DOT)stamping.So I guess I have enough work for this winter!!!!!!!!

· Registered
188 Posts
I have Mike Fortes seat heaters installed, I drove my MK1 to work this week, it was 37 outside when I left, my thighs, butt and lower back WERE BURNING HOTTT:fire::fire: it a 32 mile commute on I-95 to work, the only thing cold were my face and hands.

· Junior Charter Member
367 Posts
Hi wormie
My car was 2 tone so i tink it raised a flag had it ben one color maby it would have pass .other memers on the forum pass with just the gel coat. also for my windshield it is DOT stamp on the lowerpassenger side but the said it needed the AS1 stamping under the DOT .check yours you might have it if it is newer then mine..mine is 2006! good luck

· FFCobra Craftsman
25,999 Posts
Forte's heaters are working great in my wife's 2010 Mustang. VERY happy w/ them.

· FFCobra Fanatic
2,507 Posts
I also have mike's seat heaters love them. quality parts easy to install and an absolute godsend on my early morning hour long drive to the autox in spring and fall.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.