Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 3/4 water pump and Tristates rad which is also 1 3/4. The popular one piece goodyear option will not fit as it is 1 1/4.

I realize there are flexible stainless options but I am looking for a quick and cheap near term solution.

Someone suggested that two mustang hoses work....what do you do for this config? Which mustang hoses and how do you join them? The union pipe that comes with the kit would only join two 1 1/4 hoses. Are the mustang hoses 1 3/4 on one end and 1 1/4 on the other?

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
My tristates radiator did not come equipped with a drain, but has the 1 3/4" outlet. So I bought a 1 3/4" drain pipe from summit. It's basically a short connector pipe with a standard radiator petcock drain in it.

I used two NAPA green strip short hoses to plumb it all together. Simple and cheap.

One other thing I noticed. The radiator outlet places the lower hose very close to the steering rack tab. Mine actually rubbed on it. So I mad a small metal shield from some exhaust tubing and clamped it to the hose.

·
Charter Member
607 Posts
I just changed my radiator also. I used Dayco part #E71725, I had to cut a little off but it fits great no rubbing anywhere.

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
I used two Mustang lower hoses with my TriState radiator. I conected them with the short piece of tubing FFR includes in the kit.

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
I don't have a Tri-States radiator, but this might work for you. I wasn't satisfied with the FFR-supplied solution (especially after it blew apart :mad: ), so I used about 8" of each end of the donor hose, one at the radiator and one at the water pump, and connected them with a piece of aluminized exhaust pipe that the local muffler shop bent to fit for me. About $20 total, as I recall.

·
"Senior"
1,123 Posts
Chuck:
If you need more of the metal pipe you can get it at Home Depot as it is just 1 1/2"OD conduit. You can purchase a small piece that is curved 90degrees (used for joining conduit to go around corners) and cut it to fit the two mustang hoses. That way you don't have to buy a long pipe.
JimmyZ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.