Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again and this time there will be two FF Cobras competing in the Targa Newfoundland. I loaded mine into the trailer last night and set off tomorrow morning, 5am to make the 1,200 mile trip. Steve Friebel (aka airdrilloperator) has a shorter trip, starting in Ontario. It's still a loooong way though!

Wish us luck and if you wish, follow the action on http://www.targanewfoundland.com/event_tracker.asp

Alan Townsley.

·
Junior Charter Member
352 Posts
Here's to wind in the face and internal combustion ! Good luck and have a blast !!

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Been following you the previous times you've been there. Did you find a support team you were looking for a while back? Good luck again.

I would love to participate in something like that here in west coast.

Cheers,

-Kouros

·
Registered
95 Posts
The desire to build and or modify one of these cars so that they can be raced at such an event is to be admired! I was introduced to the Targa by Steve (Airdrilloperator) and I have to admire the spirit. We should all wish them Godspeed in this adventure.
Best Wishes
Greg

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
hope that this year will be dry, not like last year. If you could share some of the details bout getting the cars there it would be good. Are they shipped by sea or air? In your trailer or a container? Just the logistics of shipping must be a major ordeal. Good luck, have fun and keep the shiney side up.
Derald
Keep us posted about when coverage will be aired on tv, since that is as close as most us will get.

·
2,860 Posts
Good luck! Watched the event on SPEED last year. Have fun.

·
Slowest Builder in NY
455 Posts
Good Luck Alan,

I remember your posts from last year's event. Great fun!

You just go north on the Thruway and make a right - No problem :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
And then the ferry ride over to "The Rock"
One of my friends from Quebec always helps out at the Targa. I need to get there some time too.
David W

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm envious of the both of you. Good luck! Have fun, and come home in one piece!
Andrew

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
I AM A NEWFOUNDLANDER

First off, WE INVENTED RANTING long before there was MOLSON CANADIAN, or even the MONTREAL CANADIANS.

YOU CAN HATE THE SMELL, TASTE, TEXTURE AND SIGHT OF FISH. I fish,
my father fished, my grandfather probably did, and I KNOW HIS father DEFINITELY DID....BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FARM A G**DAMNED ROCK.

If I do happen to eat fish, it's going to be bloody well COOKED. None of this raw shit they serve in restaurants. We call That BAIT !!! Our best export is our PEOPLE.

Newfoundlanders are the only people who use the name "JESUS" as an adjective. As in, "LOOK BYE, HAND ME THAT "JESUS" HAMMER WILL YA'?" Our weather embraces DIVERSITY. It is the only place where you can both swim, and ice-fish all within the same day, in the same body of water. I have running water. I don't shit outdoors except when the Mainlanders come from away and want to go out in the f**king woods as if its pleasurable. Sex is pleasurable. Getting eaten alive by "Vampire" mosquitoes is not.

Newfoundland is a PROVINCE. It is not a Town, Village, City, Parish or Hamlet. I don't know everybody who was born, reared, schooled, stayed, left, or died there. Some I'm sure were nice and I'm sorry for not having met them. Some I'm sure were SONS OF B*TCHES AND FOR NOT HAVING CROSSED PATHS, WE'RE ALL BETTER OFF ! It’s pronounced "New-fin-LAND", NOT "New- FOUND land". I don't drink much coffee. I drink TEA for Breakfast, TEA for Dinner and TEA for Supper. Oh, by the way, Lunch we don't "Do." We EAT DINNER in the middle of the day and supper...well, at SUPPERTIME. We don't have skunks or snakes....at least not in the woods. Plenty of them in government though, and most come from away.

An Expert is always some bastard that came through the Narrows. We drink Blue Star Ale, Dominion Ale, India Pale Ale, Black Horse Beer and RUM. Any kind, as long as its DARK. See, we traded OUR salted FISH to Jamaica for THEIR RUM...who says Newfoundlanders aren't very smart?

We were Britain's Oldest Colony and are Canada's Newest Province. Our GDP hasn't changed a bit. We don't have "Cottages on the Lake". We have "CABINS on the POND".

A pond is a body of water...a lake is a "hole in yer boot." We have a wonderful sense of humour...until we feel we're being made fun of. Then we have a wonderful sense of revenge. A Newfoundlander as a friend, is a friend for life. HAVE ONE AS AN ENEMY...and you'll start cursing your own mother for having given you birth.

We have more sex than anyone....at least that's what we tell Mainlanders who survey such shit. We have to...everyone gets told there's only two things to do in Newfoundland, FISH or F**K, and I seldom Fish.

Soap comes in "CAKES", not Bars. Chocolate comes in BARS & so does the occasional Blonde. Speaking of Bars, we call them PUBS and we've got lots. More than anywhere else in Canada. All of them serve RUM. They have to. It’s law. Besides, they have to Screech in the Mainlanders, who in order to gain honorary citizenship in Newfoundland, down a jigger (that's a shot glass) of Famous Newfoundland Screech, then kiss a codfish on the lips. Many line up to do this...all Mainlanders of course. That's 'cause no self respecting Newfoundlander would kiss a codfish. Townies are from St. John's. Everyone else is a Bayman. Except a F**KING BAYMAN...that's yer NEIGHBOUR!

Oh yeah, did I tell you I don't fish much? ....but I know what FISH is...its COD. Anytime a Newfoundlander refers to "fish" he means "Cod". If he's referring to salmon, or herring, or halibut...HE CALL THE G**DAMNED THING "SALMON, OR HERRING, OR HALIBUT".

We like music...as long as you can dance to it. Except the Pentecostals on the Central Coast. They don't dance or drink....but they have lots of youngsters...you see they don't fish either.

That wraps it up. So, now you know!!!!

Say HI to the guys in Gander fo me.

Duper

·
2,630 Posts
What an awesome adventure! Good luck, and enjoy every minute (long haul and all)!

[ September 08, 2007, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: vnmsss ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts