Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey im jerry and im new to thsi so here it goes. Ihad a shop altered images build me a twinturbo gtm and they did but im getting board with it and lokin to sell it. Its a complete car 90 percent done build wise but does need body work and paint. Motor is a ls2 402 with twin i belive........... 67 mm turbos could b wrong. The new england dyno and slowhawk both said wit 5 pounds of boost this thing should easly plant 800plus to the ground. Motor was built at LME in huston and was designd to handle the.............. massive boost i belive up 2 30 pounds? not quite sure would hav to ask josh the builder. car runs and drives and ready for vin stamp all paper work included. its also posted on ebay under kit cars.I hvae well over 100g in this car and willing to part with it for 80gs just so i can move onto my next build. if interested please let me know. phone number is 8602305459 ask for jerry i would consider parting it out only if all parts where able to b sold at same time...lol what the odds of that hahahah ...if u wish for pics please email me at [email protected] and i will send them over ... thanks guys happy shopping sry i hate typeing i rather just say it all over the phone lol

will consider part trade for corvette

·
Junior Charter Member
614 Posts
I find it hard to believe they told you it would hold 30psi. What heads are you running. Most have lifting issues once you get above 20# of boost. Also a 402 with only 5# won't put down 800rwhp. Has this motor ran? You should have a dyno graph, also does the engine smoke? LME is know for smoking engines.

Sorry to ask these, but looking out for the guys on this forum that are still learning about the LSx motors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks

agreed sir 30 pds is wrong i will contact lme to ask...no motor does not smoke car has been ran and driven down road. my numbers... like i said are based on what iwas told after it was looked over at the dyno shop. i personaly dont know i just cut the checks. ive included a link to the scan of the motor components ...if it helps u

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/vvbn666/?action=view&current=hpqscan0001.jpg

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Completely out of my ballpark and it is a very nice car you've got there.

I just thought it was funny that you were getting bored with it given the GTM's performance stats.

Exactly what does it take to get you excited? A catapult ride in an F-14? :) :) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lmao yes i really dont know much bout turobs and such im more af a carb guy...and f--kin funny bout the jets . couldnt have said it better but no the reason im sick of it is mostly i wanna build the 33 coupe and i just get sick of stuff quik but mostly the way i drive ill kill myself. its like haven a gsxr1000 on 4 wheels and its not even beeen fully tuned

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99 aigg....boost is correct

just got off phon ewith lme and the said this motor will handle 30 pds ... the weakest link or worst prob would b the head gasket if any problem at all if you would like i can supply u with the phon e number and person i talked to...thanks tho i learnd a lil bit more from u and them

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Back to the program

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Now that is funny. The funniest part is, I understood it completely...lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My recomendation is to edit your original post with proper english, and show the intelligence that warrants a sale of this type. You will get more people that are interested in an actual sale.
Very well put. Keep in mind that you are on the internet and when you are trying to sell something nobody knows who you are. They can't see you, so they can't base appearance, body language, or anything else visible on your credibility. Even just reading text you can't really get a sense of how the person talks because you can't interpret sarcasm, speech patterns, or any kind of emotion. To summurize: Nobody knows you, and your ad is the only thing they have to go off of in determining the quality of the build and what kind of transaction purchasing your car would be. And your ad isn't helping you.

I agree stongly with the last poster that you should edit your posts so that they read in correct English. Another suggestion I have is to get the details of the build. You seem to not be very interested in the car and I say that because you say things like "it could have this, but it might not" (size of turbos/ boost) I understand you are not building the car youself but a prospective buyer is going to want to know all details before purchasing.

It sounds like you have a fairly cool car and I think if you make some slight changes in your advertising you will have no problem selling it. Good luck Jerry.

·
Junior Charter Member
166 Posts
Is this car in CT? If so is it through inspection and titled already? Would you consider a partial trade for a MkIII Roadster?

·
Super Moderator
29,425 Posts
The original poster may not type well and he may lack advanced education. But he may have the money to have a GTM built to his specs. How about cutting him some slack. OK? If you have a problem with his posts, send him a PRIVATE MESSAGE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts