Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is anybody out there like me that can't remember to turn off the turn signals there is company that makes a flasher unit that beeps. It called turnalarm.com you won't leave them on with this flasher unit.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Thats a good idea except who can hear a 'beeper' going off in a Cobra.Besides if I leave the turn signal on these lights light-up like a Christmas Tree :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
If there is anybody out there like me that can't remember to turn off the turn signals there is company that makes a flasher unit that beeps. It called turnalarm.com you won't leave them on with this flasher unit.
I'm going to be adding a signal module from "Signal Dynamics" No beeping, but has a self canceling mode. So you flip the lever, flip it back before even making the turn and the unit cancels the signals after the turn. I believe it's programmable for length.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,793 Posts
There is an electronic device called a "Sonalert", used on a lot of medical equipment to alert nurses of equipment that needs attention, you can't miss it from a long way away . . .
Hooked in parallel with your flasher, you won't forget to turn them off. Word of advice, don't get one sooo loud that you'll stop using your turn signals for the noise . . . Ha Ha Ha

Doc

Reactions: WIS89

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the vintage gauge set and you can't see the lights in the sun light and you can hear the beeper over the pipes very loud.

·
Snake Farmer
10,297 Posts
There are lots of two pin beeper t/signal relays for motorcycles, but I can't find any for automotive use. A simple plug in relay would be the easiest route.
I have a nice little sound signal device, that would work perfectly, but wondered on how best to wire it to the toggle switch. (Best meaning, the easiest way..:)) I don't want it to cause both left and right dash indicator lights to flash at the same time, (If I had just one indicator light it wouldn't be an issue).
Also I don't want it to inadvertently power up both t/signals at the same time...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are lots of two pin beeper t/signal relays for motorcycles, but I can't find any for automotive use. A simple plug in relay would be the easiest route.
I have a nice little sound signal device, that would work perfectly, but wondered on how best to wire it to the toggle switch. (Best meaning, the easiest way..:)) I don't want it to cause both left and right dash indicator lights to flash at the same time, (If I had just one indicator light it wouldn't be an issue).
Also I don't want it to inadvertently power up both t/signals at the same time...
look at the web site you just remove your old flasher unit and plug the new one in your done I thank the one I used is a 552ll turnalarm.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I felt like such a knuckle head every time I left mine on. Or when someone felt the need to tell me. As a result, I got rid of my toggle switch and installed this. Auto canceling. Press for one sec and it flashes for 7 seconds (lane change) press 2 sec and it flashes for 20 sec (turning). Press 3 sec and it stays on for about 2 min. You can cancel it anytime by pressing it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
opps, I forgot to add the pic of the module I installed behind the dash.
The TS buttons are power window switches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try contacting "skidd" on the other forum (he may be here as well) He developed a great self canceling system that will work very well with dash mounted momentary switches. I installed his system by converting my Russ Thompson column switch to momentary and it is working great. You could use any momentary switch of your choosing. He also has a lane change feature where you hold the switch closed for more than one second and it will cancel when you release the switch.

·
Registered
732 Posts
opps, I forgot to add the pic of the module I installed behind the dash.
The TS buttons are power window switches.

View attachment 359407
i'm using the same module. couldn't be easier to hook up.
I'm using a momentary on-off-on toggle for my turn signals and a momentary push button under the dash for my hazards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts