Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Turn signals - do I have this right?

194 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dale 
#1 ·
Scoured the forum and think I'm close but thought I'd ask. Have '92 wiring (EFI) and am in the process of doing the turn signals. Wiring is completely new to me so I'm taking it slow and trying not to pull my hair out of my head. (Thanks to those of you who helped my out on the alternator wiring - works perfectly!)

To the 3 position indicator switch on the dash I've got...
- LG/O (Left rear directional) attached to left side of the indicator switch coming from the Hazard Switch
- LG/W (Left front directional)attached to left side of the indicator switch, also runs to indicator light on dash
- W/LB (Right front directional)attached to right side of the indicator switch, also runs to indicator light on dash
- O/LB (Right rear directional)attached to right side of indicator switch from Hazard Switch

- To the center of the indicator switch on the dash I wasn't sure - is it the O/Y coming from the hazard switch?

Help! Not sure if I'm making this more difficult then it is but damn, wiring just ain't my strong suit :confused:

Thanks,
Bill

See less See more
#2 ·
You pretty much have it right. O/Y is power from hazzard to indicator. Also you should see LG/W on the hazzard with LG/O and W/LB on the hazzard withO/LB. If you still have a ways to go with wiring you might want to get some electrical shop manuals for you car year from Helm. Very good. I couldn't have done mine without them. Their # is 800-782-4356 or check their web site. About $25.

#4 ·
Bill, just went out to the garage and checked mine. You have it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.