Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tri-States turn signal. First I couldn't get the hi-beam switch to work, but that was a bad relay. Now I can't get the thing to fit right. It may be my dash is too far out, but when I tighten the steering wheel nut, the turn signal binds on the wheel and spins with the wheel. I can't actuate the turn signal at all - it's too tight. I have cranked down the set screw on the fixed part of the turn signal until I'm afraid it's ready to srip out.

Would it help if I pulled the wheel and cut 1/8" off the large aluminum tube that's mounted to the steeering wheel boss?

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to move the dash towards the firewall any more.

All the best,
Tag

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
I have the North Cobras' t/s set-up, so I may be completely out of touch with your problem. On mine, if I had that problem I could just pull the inner steering shaft out (toward the driver) a little bit, which would give me more room between the steering wheel assembly and the t/s switch assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.