Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I use a toggle switch like in the pic:

1. If I simply hook the connections on the dash harness marked turn signal. to the back if the switch will that automatically connect it to the turn signal indicator in the GPS speedometer?

2. Do I need a separate one for hazard lights?

If not how does the hazard lights function with the 1 toggle switch and GPS indicators?

Jason
20191210_193538.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting to see I see the second switch for hazards this actually makes sense.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
That's an old (2002) diagram. Technically correct I guess. But the wiring diagram in the Ron Francis harness manual is much easier to read IMO. Yes, you need separate switches for the turn signals and hazards. The hazard switch HAS to be double pole or you'll backfeed into the turn signals and it's not pretty. The internal indicators in the Speedhut gauges wire the same as external indicators. There are wires for the indicators out the back of the gauge. Again, just do it like the diagram shows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I use a toggle switch like in the pic:

1. If I simply hook the connections on the dash harness marked turn signal. to the back if the switch will that automatically connect it to the turn signal indicator in the GPS speedometer?

2. Do I need a separate one for hazard lights?

If not how does the hazard lights function with the 1 toggle switch and GPS indicators?

Jason View attachment 356398
If i'm not mistaken, the switch appears to be a single-pole, single-throw (SPST) switch; basically an ON-OFF switch. This won't do the job, if that is what it is.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i'm not mistaken, the switch appears to be a single-pole, single-throw (SPST) switch; basically an ON-OFF switch. This won't do the job, if that is what it is.
Thank you I did find the "3 way" switch I do know what to call it. It would allow me to switch left then middle then right.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's an old (2002) diagram. Technically correct I guess. But the wiring diagram in the Ron Francis harness manual is much easier to read IMO. Yes, you need separate switches for the turn signals and hazards. The hazard switch HAS to be double pole or you'll backfeed into the turn signals and it's not pretty. The internal indicators in the Speedhut gauges wire the same as external indicators. There are wires for the indicators out the back of the gauge. Again, just do it like the diagram shows.
I been staring at the diagram in the wire harness manual and its beginning to make since.

I think I will get all the lights out attach them and see what's working and what's not.

Start working on one issue at a time. Starting with turn signals. I believe the headlights should be connect I just need to make sure they function.

I looked at the wires on the harness and it's becoming a little clearer.

I cant wait to get these lights done I feel after that and securing the dash. I can make sure I have everything done and think about putting the body on.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I been staring at the diagram in the wire harness manual and its beginning to make since.

I think I will get all the lights out attach them and see what's working and what's not.

Start working on one issue at a time. Starting with turn signals. I believe the headlights should be connect I just need to make sure they function.

I looked at the wires on the harness and it's becoming a little clearer.

I cant wait to get these lights done I feel after that and securing the dash. I can make sure I have everything done and think about putting the body on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts