Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience with the Turbine compressor/HVLP painting systems? The ad hype sounds good, but I would like to hear the good/bad from someone who has used one or knows someone who has. I am debating the purchase of one of these vs. a good HVLP gun to use with my compressor. I have a 6hp compressor with a decent sized tank, but I don't know if the volume is enough to comfortably run an HVLP gun. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
I have the Lexair model. It works fine for me. But I have found that you need to go against the rule of not over reducing to get it to flow out smoothly. As the fgun does heat the air and causes the paint to dry on the way out the gun a bit...It is very convienient to use though as you can take it anywhere, without lugging a big compressor around....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
I have a Titan model that I run off of a 5 hp 20 gallon compressor. A couple of things I had to do:

Run a 1/2" flex air line (300 PSI) from the compressor to the gun. Normal 3/8" line won't give you volume you need and your spraying pressure will drop of.

You have to run a regulator at the gun and leave the one on the compressor opened up.

When spraying car paint I had to go with the smallest needle/noozle in order to get good atomization and prevent orange peel.

Cheers, Rod

·
Junior Charter Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
The turbine model I am considering actually uses a 3/4" line to the gun (included)and operates at 4 to 5 psi. If I go with a regular HVLP gun and my compressor, I will make sure to increase the air line size. I was wondering about the "warm, dry air" that they speak of and the effect on the reducer/paint, so that's good to know. I can't remember the brand name of the one I saw, but I noticed in the latest Eastwood catalog that they no longer list these systems - wonder why?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts