Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chief Cook and Bottlewasher
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cna somebody send me pics or a link to a thread on this, please. I'm almost ready to start on it.

Thanks

Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
316 Posts
Check out any post by DV/DT,at the bottom of his post you will see some links to his build, he has done an amazing job of sinking it into the trans tunnel.

I assume this is what you are thinking about doing. There are some very detailed pic's and explanations of how he achieved this, not to mention I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
985 Posts
Ditto...Loooks good nnd has drawings and pics to help us who relie on visual aids.

·
Charter Member
707 Posts
Dv your brake booster mod link no longer works. What was that one?

·
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Guys! That's the one I had in mind, I just couldn't remember where it was. Has anyone tried doing the same kind of thing on the passenger side?

·
Charter Member
707 Posts
Thanks, what size booster is that?

PS. Sorry Scarlet I am not trying to high jack your thread..

·
Premium Member
16,562 Posts
Scarlett,
It would be a much bigger mod since the trans tunnel bracing would get in the way on that side and the transmission is offset to the passenger side a bit so there is less room.

90notchback,
'91 Chev Sprint booster
Daimeter - 6.5"
Length - (Mount to mount) - 2.625"
Stroke - 1.375"

Chevy Cobra is using a booster with similar dimensions and seems quite happy whith his set up.

Cheers, Rod

·
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Rod. Your stufff is great. You're my hero today.

90 - No sweat. Have at it. I've got what I need.

Steve

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,333 Posts
Scarlett, I'm installing Richard Oben's tranny mount. I can't believe how simple and clean this thing is. I'll post some pics on Sunday or Monday when it's done.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Mine is a Lokar handle mounted on the trans tunnel top, I built this prior to the North Racecars e brake kit. I used a leversge bar in the linkage to reduce the required apply force by 50%. The handle fits in with no exposed hardware, and is very easy to set the e brake. This mod does require some welding. This works well with IRS, for a live axle you would have to change the orientation of the leverage bar. John

[ January 14, 2007, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: J Persons ]

·
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Just what I was looking for. I'll let you all know what I come up with.

Steve

·
Charter Member
96 Posts
Here is our trans mounted e-brake. Required a little cutting and welding but should work out perfectly. We did not add a leverage arm, we'll see how it works out.

[ January 14, 2007, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: ND ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.