Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a future project for when the Cobra is done. I'm wanting to build a 1949-50 Mecury custom. I saw at a street rod show a few years ago that a company was making a kit version and it was right up my alley. Do any of you know who makes this kit. Kit Car had a refrence to a kit one but the link was not on the web. Any help from you guys would be great.

CrAsH

·
1,573 Posts
Crash I did a little research on the web, there is supposedly a company going by the name extreme fiberglass making a kit.

It is built off of an impala frame.

T

·
687 Posts
Earl,the best one I saw was made by P&J Fiberglass,but from what I understand they went out of business. The rest of them look like pure garbage,fit,finish,etc.Good luck Hank F

·
Charter Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I had found the easyrods one and I thought it was a little cheesy too.

Tabland, I'll be checking out extreme fiberglass, that may be my only hope.

Hank where had you seen P&J, in person? That may have been the one I saw before too. Thanks again guys.

Earl

·
687 Posts
Earl, I met a guy at the Tampa NSRA nationals who had one.He bought it through P&J,said it was a demo.It had their chassis and suspension,it was not finished but for a glass body it was straight!!!!Not much more I can tell you,but I think STREET RODDER mag. did a project car with with this set-up in the mid 90`s Hank F

·
Charter Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Hank. Wish they were still around. Mike if I was closer to being able to buy one I'd look into that. The only reason I was looking at a kit was so I didn't have to do all the custom stuff to the body, chop top, smooth everything, get rid of rust, etc. But it is kinda looking like I may have to go oregional anyway.

Thanks again,
Earl

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,177 Posts
In Durrel PA (near Towanda) is a 51 sitting in a field and a radically reworked 39/40 lincoln or ford (so customized its hard to tell (chopped and sectioned) rusting away at the same house.If you ever drive through northeastern PA get on hwy 187 go south off of rte 6 at Wysox go 5-6 miles to durrell you can't miss it.it's not my style to go up and ask about one's vehicles,or I'd ask myself.

·
Charter Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tabland, do you know the web site address for Extreme Fiberglass?

Thanks
Earl

·
Senior Charter Member
3,848 Posts
I would just go buy one that is done. Was just browsing through an auto trader and there was a 50 for 19k that had the right look, needed interior. Which do yo prefer? The 50 or 51?? I kinda like the 51:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts