Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen few pics where the hole in the inside of the trunk lid is gone. It looks like it's one complete sheet of aluminum? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

[ April 02, 2004, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: o2world ]

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
Hole? Could you explain what you mean?

I've modified my trunk area, as many have, but use an entirely different approach. Well, maybe not entirely, but I increased the trunk space by about 3 cubic feet. The chassis is at the powder coater and I didn't take pictures yet.

With regard to "....one complete sheet of aluminum", the top of my deck is is even with the bottom of the side 2x3 tubing. In addition, I have the typical open storage area beneath the deck. The hinged cover over it is also removable.

Hank J.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,508 Posts
I think he is talking about the alum on the back side of the trunk lid. Can't answer the question though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
A couple months back I asked the same question on what people were doing on the inside of the trunk lid. Do a search, and you will find a bunch of photos.

When installing the in floor battery box, I cut out a piece of the floor aluminum, and it was the right size to make a tear drop shaped panel to cover the hole. I plan on riveting it in and polishing the panel on the inside of the trunk.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts