Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my book says it comes preassembled but m ine did not. I have a C shaped bracket that backs up to the lock on the inside of the trunk. Does anyone have a pic of one assembled? Also, did you guys have to cut that square rod that engages the hook to clear the trunk aluminum?

Thanks
dave

·
Cobra Nutcase
1,633 Posts
Mine wasn't assembled either. There should be two nuts/bolts to attach your latch mechanism to the c-shaped piece. The screws go through your handls & trunk and attach to the c shaped piece. There should be two small holes where these two screws should go into. I had to drill them out a little. Yes you have to cut the square arm off to clear the trunk floor, Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
It does not come pre-assembled...It does not come with all the parts either....
I made my own mount system (as best I could figure), and it works fine.
The mounting holes are off center. I used 5/16 button head allen screws (stainless), and a combination of nylon stand-offs and lock nuts.
Drill the mounting holes in the trunk lid very accurately , using the lock mechanism as a guide.
Run the 5/16 bolts through the holes and back with washer...tighten with lock nuts....(on the inside). Slide a 1/2" long nylon spacer over the bolt . Attach the handle using the supplied counter-sunk machine screws , so that the handle will be parallel to the lip of the trunk lid , when the trunk is closed and locked. Now place the lock mechanism over the 5/16 screws and spacers , (being sure the the locking hook is down )..and tighten the 5/16 nuts onto the screws.
Hopefully , everything was lined up so that the hook will wrap the steel sleeve that goes through the body.
If you are confused , good , so am I. ;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure before i cut that square rod and shot myself in the foot. I had all the fiberglass cut at FFR so lets hope its not off center..

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts