Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped the rivnut in the trunk lid, bolt is stuck and rivnut is spinning in fibreglass lid. I managed to cut the bolt and get the trunk lid off but wondering how best to repair. I think I will need to cut the stripped nut out, repair the fibreglass and install a new rivnut.

Any recommendations on what to use and how best to do this?

Thx,
Jaga

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,349 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I drill the HSRF and install another rivnut? I’d kind of like to keep them all the same, hate to change tools half way through lid removal / install even thou once finished it will likely never come off again.

On a related note wrt HSRF and bondo. Some of the body door sills are wonky along the bottom edge. I will need to build them up a bit to close the gap with the door. Am I better to use HSRF is bondo sufficient for this?

thx for the help,
Jamie

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think this might hold better than the ribbed riv nut. good luck,

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,349 Posts
You could use another rivnet but my preference is still something that is not smooth and round. That way there is less chance of it spinning like that one did. Not sure what you mean about changing tools. Whatever thread the rivnut is. just match it. I will let others w/ more body experience talk about your door sills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts