Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere (well, obviously missed the one place it's probably located)

Who makes the curved hoop mod for the MKII trunk?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Russ Thompson
Great Modification to make to the car.

·
Junior Charter Member
805 Posts
Doug dont you have a mkIII?
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on your shop and the delivery oof your car.
Sam

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I had a MKIII on deposit, but came across an awesome deal on an early MKII IRS that was just too good to pass up. It has the straight bar across the trunk, which limits access somewhat.

I looked on Russ's web site, I must have overlooked it.

How are you doing on your car Sam? I'll have to take a trip over in the spring when the weather gets better. We take the bike to Leavonworth a couple times a year.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Wade, I have kit 3154 and had the straight bar. I think that our cars are tweeners....they didn't officially roll out the MKII until a couple hundred cars later...not sure exactly when though.

Doug, here's a link & description from Russ' site.

http://www.norcal-cobras.com/store/russ_garage/trunk-hoop-kit.jpg

This conversion kit makes the ffr trunk very user friendly. The curved tube enables you to access the large space on the upper trunk deck, making packing a breeze. The kit is designed to retro fit into a finished car requiring no welding. can be installed during the build by following slightly different steps. Kit includes 12ga. stainless steel mounting brackets,

Hardware, Instructions and Shipping, $100.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
I have 3262 and it has the curved hoop. I consider it a Mk 1.5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.