Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
these are from SRP.. He is a vendor here. eliminates the external FFR units and work great. once all was in place I powder coated them and the look as if they were meant to be there..

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
My kit was one of the last to ship with the old style hood hinge. After recently installing the new hood hinge retrofit, I still have the old hinge laying around. Has anybody adapted the old hood hinge to work with the trunk? If not, I might have to give that a try.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
I used Shell Valley's hood and trunk hinges. Sturdy, economical, look good, and required only minimal fabrication. They were also kind enough to sell the pieces that bond into the body when we asked, as they do not normally sell those pieces with their hinges.

Jason

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
Redman-
Give Shell Valley a call and talk to them- they're pretty good guys even if you didn't buy their kit. The hinges themselves are cheap, but only include the hinge arms. We asked them to sell us everything to do the hinges: the plates that bond to the body, the hinge arms, hardware, and the plates that bond to the hood/trunk. All told, it was about $60 for the trunk and $60 dollars for the hood. Most of the modification we did were probably not necessary, but we welded an extra strap onto the ends of the body plate to give more bond surface area, made a half hood hoop (16 guage steel and a plasma cutter) to bond to the back of the hood to weld the hinges to, and opened up the bend on the front hinge arms to get more swing. The trunk is very straight forward with no necessary modifications. We used 3M structural adhesive to bond everything, and on the trunk ground away the fiberglass so that the plates could be bonded directly to the aluminum liner. I'm trying to find a digital camera to borrow to get some pictures. All told, I've got about $220 in the hinges, hood hoop, latching hood and trunk supports, and adhesive.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
I also bought the Shell Valley hood hinge setup but made my own brackets. They look authentic and should go on without a snafu.

I currently have the pins setup, I may be the first to have both. Probably will have to make the pin opening just a tad larger because of the hood going up in reverse, hopefully it will work.

JQ

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Rich,

price was about $150 but may have come down???? I am not sure if he is "mass-producing" them... give Ken a call he is great to work with and the product is first rate

·
Senior Charter Member
195 Posts
How do I get in touch with Shell Valley?

I would like to hide my truck hinges and this sounds like the answer

Dave

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Shellvalley.com

·
Senior Charter Member
291 Posts
A small downside of the hidden hinges is the trunk room they take up.The FFR trunk is tiny as is particularly when road tripping with a female and her array of cosmetics, garments, and various accessories.Just an observation.Pete.

·
Senior Charter Member
195 Posts
thanks, Larry I would appreciate that information

Dave

·
FFCobra Fanatic
394 Posts
Hey Larry, is there any way you could share this info with me too? It would be greatly appriciated. I am at that stage and need somthing economical and looks good. Thank You in advance for any help. your Friend BenC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts