Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
section 8
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to steal the thread about carpeted trunks , butt..... So I was visiting Jeff at the Whitby trailer ,spring auto fair , Charlotte , left and went to check out the cars behind it . I saw several guys had partitioned the trunk with a bulkhead just to the rear of the step rearward of the rollbar . This is cool and hides the bar mount and any speakers etc .anyone do this and have pics/Ideas . I plan on mounting my radio to it facing out of the trunk and the amp to the back. Also the plug for batt tender , someone did a great job with a coax or similar, . This will clean up my stereo wiring alot and shrink the trunk , however with the stereo , ff metal bat box, and tender , it's pretty much unusable anyway. Ideas and pics greatly appreciated. Thanks again and happy new year!! Bob

·
Registered
595 Posts
Rear cubby

Here's a couple of pics of mine - cut the access hole in the FFR bulkhead the entire width between the side frames. Fabbed new wall piece from .062 alum. Battery box is below amp using Dzus fasteners. Once speakers are covered with fabric, and rear cubby is carpeted, you won't see the speakers at all, yet they are pointed directly at your ears in a cross pattern.

Attachments

·
Tool Collector
6,594 Posts
Bob, here is my take on the whole passenger cubby issue and I have shared my opinion with a few local builders. The trunk is small enough already, MKIV's being even small yet. If you ever plan to seriously use the trunk, meaning pack the trunk for a long weekend, you are going to find the trunk space comes at a premium. I've done a few things to make the trunk bigger, dropping the trunk bottom over the fuel tank and moving the AGM battery into the drivers side fender-well. Julie and I vacation every summer with the Wine Country Cobra group and this year we packed the car for 4 days. That was 2 carry-on type bags, a cooler, snacks, jackets and all the incidentals. So think about this, are you going to use the car just for hours long street cruises, car shows and track days? Or are you going to use it as we do, a car you can pack up and usefully use for a weeks long trip?

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
No pictures, haven't figured that one out yet. I fabbed up a bulkhead from 1/4 thick plywood and covered it with black felt. To keep it in place I used these FASPC200 to attack the bulkhead to the Roll Bar. I installed a Hidden Audio Verticle in this space.
HTH
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.