Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen 1 Coyote. Used to idle at ~ 1800 rpms for 7-10 secs before dropping to a normal 800. Does the same when stopped at a light. Have been working with a tune outfit to log rides and the flash corrective tunes. It has helped some, but it feels like the car wants to re-learn the high idle.

I've checked for vacuum leaks (with both propane and starter fluid); no leaks. Cleaned the MAF sensor.

I recall that with my MKII, the TPS voltage effected the idle. It's the last thing I know to do, so how do I go about this on the Coyote? What is the target voltage? Is there a Youtube video out there?

Any other thoughts?

Oh, Speed Dial is installed. After the last tune flash, I removed the Speed Dial fuse and took a ride; car idled good (though threatened to die a few time, but didn't). Only real issue was it backfired on exhaust brake a lot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sounds like the speed dial might hold the cure. I think it delays the throttle closing to prevent engine dying.
It seems like mine is set on all 1's, but would need to confirm.
Mike Forte, might have some suggestions.
The old ECU had a decay rate on throttle closure. Do not know about Gen 1 Coyote.
good luck,

·
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts