Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Tristate sliding seat track for the driver's side. I need help!

The instructions say that the kit came with self-tapping screws. Mine appears to have come with 2 sets of four machine screws. It says to drill 3/16" holes in the 4 mounting points for the seat tracks. Did that but NOOOO way those big machine screws are going to fit in those tiny holes.

Next, it says to "mount the seat tracks (narrow side down) using the (4) 1/5 inch screws, (4) washer and as 3/8" socket" No typo here - this sentence makes no sense. What is a 1/5 inch screw, and how do you use a 3/8" socket on bolt heads that have either a flat or phillips head? What is, "narrow side down"?? The part of the track that slides within the outer track? Which side of the tracks mount to the floor???

I ****THINK***** that I can sorta figure out what the rest of the instructions say but am having a lot of trouble getting to that point.

I'd be appreciative of any help.

Jeff

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
I mounted the tracks directly to the floor, and made sure that the fasteners were passing through a frame member. This included drilling and tapping a hole in the round main rail. I then attached the FFR supplied mounting plate to the slider, drilling new holes and using a 1" spacer (round thick-wall tube) on the front two bolts. from there the seat should just bolt to the mounting plate using the existing mounting holes. This does require a trip to the parts store for a few new bolts...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Will these work with Street Performer seats? They're way cheaper than the ones Breeze sells.

All the best,
Tag

·
Junior Charter Member
134 Posts
The FFR kit comes with 4ea 1.5" self tapping screws. You bang out the pressed in bolts that are pre installed in the track and use those holes with the self tapping screws. Alternatively you can drill and tap your mount holes to accept bolts.

I also had to modify the mounting location for the outer rail front to pass into the frame.

Chris

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,793 Posts
Same question as Tag...will these work with the street performers???

According to the Tri-states website, it won't work on the pass side...why is that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.