Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble trying to contact Mike at Tri-States, I have emailed him twice and both emails were returned as undeliveral. I sent the emails from his link in his web site, and I also sent one direct from me, and still it was returned. I guess I'll try to call him in the morning.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,423 Posts
Last I heard, he is pretty much out of the Cobra parts biz, or winding it down. I too had problems a few months back.

But, he'll be happy to sell you a garage floor!

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first I have heard of this, I just ordered a drive shaft, wiper kit and turn signal kit from him, so far I have gotten the drive shaft and turn signal kit from him, and last time I spoke with them, I was told the wiper kit was on back order. I wonder why no one has mentioned that he was getting out of the Cobra parts business?

·
Junior Charter Member
625 Posts
I had trouble emailing him last week.

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called him just a few minutes ago, and got an answering machine, so he's still around so far. I'm concerned because I paid for the wipers but haven't gotten them yet.
Lile

·
2 Posts
From what I understand, Tri-state motorsports is still alive and kicking, and in great shape. He is getting ready to start kit cars again, but is still selling most parts at this time. Mike is a great guy to deal with and always happy to help. Sorry what happened to you uponashelf, but i am sure there is a reason. And I am sure mike will get that part to you as soon as he can.
Originally posted by uponashelf:
Has anyone had any trouble trying to contact Mike at Tri-States, I have emailed him twice and both emails were returned as undeliveral. I sent the emails from his link in his web site, and I also sent one direct from me, and still it was returned. I guess I'll try to call him in the morning.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
So how would somebody who just registered today know enough about TriStates to make it the subject of her very first post?

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked with Tri-States yesterday, all seems to be fine, didn't get an explination for the emails being returned, but I was told that things are fine there, and that my wipers would be in later this week. So if you need to contact Tri-States I would call them.
Lile

·
2 Posts
Because While i was browsing i saw the post and had something to say.

·
Charter Member
76 Posts
Mike is a stand up guy with me. I just had him refresh my paint on my Cobra. He originally did it in 2000 for me. His work is impeccable and I was just up to his shop just a few weeks ago. He is very involved in a second area named "Garage Plus" but he is still very much in the Cobra parts business. He has always been a good guy to work with. I have been dealing with him since 1999.

Bob
Venom 65

·
Charter Member
1,777 Posts
I ahve daealt with Mike in teh past (over 1 year ago) and received great service from him.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I would wager that your emails probably had something to do with a refund or part return.....just a guess.

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No the emails were a request for info on one of his parts, but as I have stated I talked with Tri-States and all is fine, don't know why emails were coming back, but the phone conversation worked for me. I never said I had bad service, or problems with Mike, just that I was having trouble emailing him.
Lile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts