Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've never done this before....please help.

What size hole do I need to drill in the F-panel aluminum for the brakeline fittings from Tri-states? Any pics showing how the clips go in would help too.

The SS braided front lines look almost too long to me. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a better photo, but look just under the fill pipe here, and you'll see my Tri-state lines.

I did not put a hole in the F panel, the line run accross the center 4" frame tube and up and goes right in front of the F between the top and middle part. Use the use the Mustang bracket, or Breez aftermarket bracket, mounted on the frame sq. tube, as shown in the manuel. You can do it diff. and put a hole in the F panel if you like, but you may have to bend the line a bit to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Kouros

I dont know about the Tristates fittings, but they cant be much different from general brake fittings.

I punched a 3/4 inch hole thru the f panel and mounted the plate over the hole. The the flex lines end goes thru the plate and the u clip slides over it on the other side. Then the hard brake lines are connected from the engine side. I will look to see if I have any photos.

It is important here to put a wheel on to see if the flex line is going to hit the wheel. I ended up moving my connections after the edge of the wheel was hitting the flex where it came thru the f panel. I actually ended up mounting the clip so it protruded into the hole in the f panel, so now I have an extra hole.

The first picture shows the brake lines from the engine side going to the wrong hole. This was too far back and the wheel rubbed on the flex. It does show well the lines as they are connected to the master cylinder and to the tee going to the front brakes. For the final result I just straightened out the lines and connected further forward.
The second two pictures show the clip riveted to the f panel and the flex pushed into the clip. You can just see the retainer (copper colored) that you slide on peeking out from behind the clip. The other picture shows the routing of the line. You can fiddle with it until it touches neither the suspension nor the wheel. They are not too long, you need the slack.

The clips are stainless and I think I got them from Breeze with the brake lines. I bent and flared the other lines myself

Hope this helps.

[ August 30, 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: sgspeed ]

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry,
Thats the one I was looking for. I knew I saved it some place, but lost it.

Shep,
Thanks for the pics, very helpful in many ways besides just the fittings. You rock and thanks again.

-Kouros

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
Use a 5/8th drill bit.

Note...caliper is on the wrong side here. Don't make the same mistake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts