Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used any type of sealer between the header and sidepipe? Mine shipped to me somewhat smashed on the sidepipe collector side and had to use a tailpipe spreader to get them back to "round". I'm expecting some exhaust leakage at that location. Has anyone used the Permatex ultra-copper stuff?

Brian

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
I know people have used this for the header flange to the engine and I plan on doing that also. I have them temporarily mounted using the crappy gaskets now. As for the sidepipes to headers, I know people have used it. I would be surprised if it's needed though. The pipes slide so far up onto the headers and are so tight, that I can't see them leaking. If yours are a bit looser due to opening them up, I think that will work fine.
Raul

·
3,875 Posts
Brian, be careful as you will be taking these apart someday....trust me you will take them apart in the future for what ever reason.
Don

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the pipes were sealed with that stuff how hard will it be to get the pipes separated again?
Don, the only way mine come on and off is with all the pipes mounted to the collector anyway so it might not make a difference. I imagine to get the pipes on and off will require the body to be off and the car raised as well. :(

Brian

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Brian,
It would be tight but I think you could get the pipes on and off without removing the body. Would not be fun though I'm sure.
Raul

·
Registered
37 Posts
For what it's worth, Mine came smashed as well.
Also, they wrapped the sidepipes in the bubble wrap before the coating was dry and caused the coating to have the same bubble wrap pattern impressed upon it. I also ordered the 351W setup and Mike sent me the 302 setup. After several weeks of arguing with him on the phone trying to convince him that he sent me the wrong headers he finally agreed to send the 351W headers, but insisted that I had ordered 302 headers even though my invoice clearly stated 351W and he had been insisting for several weeks that he had sent me the 351W headers. He didn't ship them when he said he would. When he finally did ship them, he sent me uncoated ones even though I had paid for the jet hot coating. And as if all that weren't bad enough, he sent the replacements COD for $65, his claimed shipping cost even though it was his mistake! I had to spend $450 to get the sidepipes and headers recoated, he said he would pay for the coating of the headers and never sent the check like he said he would.

In short, Mike Mack is a liar and when I confronted him about it he hung up on me rather than deal with me as an honest adult. I will never order anything from him again after the way he treated me.

Roger Ver
Memory Dealers
3440 De La Cruz Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
[email protected]
phone: 408-486-5650
fax: 408-486-5653
mobile: 408-313-1853
AIM: rogerkver

For all your memory needs please visit
http://www.memorydealers.com

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by Roger Ver:

In short, Mike Mack is a liar and when I confronted him about it he hung up on me rather than deal with me as an honest adult. I will never order anything from him again after the way he treated me.

C'mon, Roger, tell us how you really feel....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.