·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update so far...

Day 7:

Party at Karl's house.

Posting about the party

It was great to meet everyone and thanks again to Karl for hosting a great event. As well as meeting lots of great people, we also went on a little road trip to see one of Karl's friends who has an original Cobra! Very cool. If anyone has a picture of the whole car can you please sent it through to us because we've only managed to get bits and pieces and not the whole car.

We finished the day being kids and going to Sea World to try out the rides.

Day 8:

Ash and I split up from Travis and Monique for today and headed inland towards Fresno and then to Eagle Field. Eagle Field is an old World War 2 air force base that is now owned by a friend of mine. We stayed there overnight in the officers quarters after taking pictures of the car along side jet fighters, bombers, helicopters etc.

The airfield is so cool and our friend has a number of movie props in the hanger - fighter aircraft from 'pearl harbour', the bomber from 'forever young' and numerous others. It was like stepping back in time and being back in the airfield during the early 1940's. The pictures look great - I know, I know, but I've now found out my password to ftp the files - I just need to wait for the lockout to auto clear tomorrow.

Day 9:

We left Eagle Field after a big breakfast and headed for Yosemite park, and met yet another Corvette club our for a ride - and the good news was that they acknowledged our existence and spoke to us. This was a real change after being ignored by the Butte corvette club.

The amazing thing about this journey is that I started off with the car being tuned at 3500 ft above sea level in Calgary. We have been down to sea level and up to over 7000 ft, and it worked fine everywhere! The drive up to the top of the part was amazing and we should have some good video footage to add shortly.

After driving through the park for the day we met up again with Travis and Monique and stayed in some nice rustic log cabins just outside of the park.

Pictures and video to come shortly.........

Cheers,

Steve, Ash, Travis & Monique

[ July 26, 2007, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: Ghibli Cup ]

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
The views from Yosemite were amazing when I traveled through a couple of years ago in my old Hyundai Santa Fe. I can only imagine how beautiful it must of been to see it from the Cobra.

Really makes me wish I didn't live in this stupid flat state!

Can't wait to see the pics and video.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey guys our adventure diverted slighlty as the wife and I went up the coastal highway. As advertised some of the most fantastic scenery anywhere. We did the tourist thing and stopped in Santa Barbara and then Monterey. Very nice places and well worth the visit. The road from Monterey south is the craziest road I have ever seen. I am already planning a return trip to go down there with a slightly faster car (the explorer with the trailer motor was still exiting.)

We met up with the Baird and the Cobra in Yosemite. Fantastic scenery and we stayed in the Evergreen Lodge. Rustic but very comfortable and clean. The food was good and service was excellent.

Anyways guys we have lots of pictures and will be posting some of the great country and people we have seen. We just can't seem to get them on line from the hotels we stay at. Don't worry we will load em asap....there is some good funny stuff.

Travis and Monique

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Awesome, travis and steve. Im glad you are all having an Amaizing time ,meeting some of the cobra family ,sounds great i'd like to do the california coast thing, in my Cobra one day?

Jimmy O

·
8,356 Posts
Deb and I went up to Napa last night to have dinner with Steve/Ash and Travis/Monique; super time, great folks!

After dinner, we were going to stop off at the hotel to see the cobra, but about a half mile from the restaurant FFR5004 lost fuel...all other electrical worked. Started back up after 5 minutes, only to happen 2 more times within a mile. Decided the best option was to continue home while it was still running; chilly and dark; made it home. Checked the FP gage after turning key to "on" and it went up to ~40 then very quickly went back to zero (within 3 seconds. I don't think it is the TFI, but how would I check for this?

Diagnostic please, anyone?

I did get good views of the car, though, from Sergio's post.

Best wishes on the rest of your trip, guys.

[ July 25, 2007, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Dale ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Morning Dale and Deb,

We saw you guys on the side of the road as we drove by in our taxi, and we thought you were waiting for us. Had we known otherwise we would have stopped and lifted the hood and helped out. We apologize for not helping out.... :(

Glad to hear you got home safe and sound in the end though.

It was great to meet you guys, and if you're ever in Calgary please let us return the favour.

Cheers,

Travis, Monique, Steve & Ash

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
I had the opportunity to meet the whole Calg Gang yesterday. They stopped by in the afternoon. Very Nice Clean Roadster (A little dirty) and great people. I hope to drop in on them in Calgary later this year. Loadede them up w/ Napa Food Goodiers and a couple bottles of Vino and gave them a suggestion for Dinner. Nice Group. This forum generates friendships. Brian

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more pictures...

Steve

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Looks great all , I feel a gathering of ACC members is in order for the complete story and pictures/video of the trip on your return.

Martin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Wow that looks like a great 2 weeks. So much fun.

Drive safe and see you soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.