Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We have been asked many times for some tips to make wiring less of a chore. So, we have added a new section to our Install Library called "Tricks to make wiring easier". The first topic added is a little trick using 3 barrier strips that greatly simplify dealing with the multiple connections for things like "Ignition Power", Grounds and Constant (+) 12 Volt power. The diagrams apply to anybody's harness or wiring system, even if you created your own from scratch...

Here is the link to the our first drawing...
Dealing With Common Connections

We hope they are helpful to all... enjoy.

·
1,073 Posts
Thanks! Very helpful.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Great idea!

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
I used these strips from Waytec on my build. Call them and they will end you a free catalogue. When I bought my electrical stuff from them they did not have a minimum order so it was nice buying one-zies and two-zies. Another great company I dealt with is called "Terminal Supply". Between the two of them they have a great selection of toggle switches, water proof connectors, relays, etc,etc.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
1,672 Posts
Thanks Chris good ideas.

Are you goin got add barrier strips and jumpers to your offerings ?

Charlie

·
4,342 Posts
Thanks for the thoughtful info Chris.
I used terminal strips and fuse blocks from West Marine. I figure if they can survive and protect in the saltwater environment on my boat, they should do OK behind my dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts