Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summit has a sale on trick flow twisted wedge alum cylinder heads (stud-mount rockers). Is this what I need for my stock 302 and what else do
I need to use them. I seem to recall that they need different rockers and longer push rods. Any Help in making the decision to go with them would be appreciated. Thanks Terry

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
You'll need stud mounted rockers if you're still running the stock pedestal mounts. You'll also need different pushrods. You should buy or borrow an adjustable pushrod to determin the correct geometry once you install the heads. THEN, order your pushrods based on the length you come up with.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I got my Trick Flow heads for my 347 stroker from Summitt by using their "lowest price guarantee". I priced them out of "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords" magazine, and got them for $975.00 including shipping. I think I probably left about 10 H.P. on the table compared to AFR 185's but I probably saved about $300.00 bucks. The heads also required a valve job to seat the valves properly,but my shop advises that most after market heads need it anyway. I think the heads are the most bang for the buck, if you can buy them right. Good luck, Randy Richards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.