Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have thier heater?? Where did you mount and how do you ductit too get heat on both sides of car. Pic would be awsome thanks!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry no pics but I used the TriStates heater in a "thru the firewall" installation. Easy to do. The two big holes (with plastic plugs in them) are in the engine compartment connected to flex line to each footwell-used 2" in dia. aluminum eave vents (Home Depot--about .50 each) in the footwells. Works great. The air intake side of the heater is in the passenger compartment-what little shows in the engine compartment is covered with an aluminum strip.
Hope this helps

Dave

·
Senior Charter Member
191 Posts
This is the best pic of my MarkII install that I have. The whole thing fits between dash and firewall so just the heater lines go through the firewall. I modified the case by opening it up and taking the fan out then cutting the case on an angle so the fan fits back in and it clears the dash with the fan section on top and core on bottom. The bottom of heater hangs about an inch below the dash but since it's black you don't even notice it. I then used 2" aluminum flanges along with about 5' of scat hose from Aircraft Spruce riveted over the 2 round holes in the heater case. I then used tie wraps to secure and aim the hose down where you want. It's a really easy mod to do. I just got my car on the road a couple of weeks ago and have already used the heater a couple of times. That fan with the 2" hose blows alot of air and for me it wasn't my feet that got cold but my hands so mine is aimed at my thighs so it keeps your legs warm and easily reach it for your hands. Good luck I hope this helps you out.

Bill

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Snakebit8
I just sent you a bunch of pictures and a description of what and how I did my install. Hope it gives you some ideas.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

1 - 4 of 4 Posts