Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

i bought a tri state turn signal assembly.trying to wire it .looked at mikes instructions thought it should be no problem.having trouble and could use some help.on mustang stalk the plug in connector that has the wires for turn signals is like this, 2 wires green with orange stripe 2wires green with white stripe 2wires white with blue stripe 2 wires red with blue stripe.and also on this connector there is 1 wire orange with yellow stripe.on mikes turn assembly there are 2 wires for turn, green with black stripe and black with white stripe.to me it looks like 2 from front 2 from back on each side total of 8 wires. connected 2 from front left and 2 from rear left to one of assembly wires and same from other side .i have ground and 12 volt source but the turn indicator light staya in on position and blinkers do not blink .what gives?dose anybody know which wires were .i talked to mike and he told me that using the stock harness makes it hard to wire.im hopeing that you guys might have been through this already
thanks for help
ron :confused:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
The O/Y is power into the t/s switch. The LG/O and LG/W are left side. The W/LB and O/LB are right side. You say the indicator lights but does not flash. Are you using one indicator or two on the dash? Do you have bulbs installed in all the light assemblies, front and rear? Are the lights on the correct side of the car illuminating when you select a turn signal? Or do both sides light when either side is selected? Have you tried a new flasher?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
if you only one one t/s indicator, then you will need a diode in the t/s circuit. If you have 2 indicators, then you'll only need a diode in the hazard circuit.

If you don't have bulb in the light assemblies, then your indicator will light up, but not flash...that's how the system tells you that you have a burnt out bulb.

I went through this and it was the most difficult part of the wiring. PM me if you need me to go out to my car one evening and look at the wires and walk you through my connections.

·
Junior Charter Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 2 turn signal indicator lights left and right what diod are you talking about and where would i get one and how to install in the hazzard circut?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
The use of the diode depends on how your hazard circuit is designed. If you are using the Mustang hazard switch you do not need any diode in the hazard circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts