Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on installing my tri state aluminum radiator this weekend. I think I have the hose routing figured out but not sure on the actual installation of the radiator. What is the best/correct way of installing this? Thanks!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
jlkendri,
Thanks for the post. I just bought this radiator today. I'd like to hear what people have to say.
Paul

·
Charter Member
1,004 Posts
I'll bring this to the top, as I also have one yet to be installed.

For the record, when the good folks at Factory Five called to verify my order just prior to delivery, I asked them to send me a passenger side F panel without the hole in it. "No problem", I was told, which, I've found, is the standard at FFR - those folks are awesome. It is my understanding that the TriStates radiator allows you to keep the upper hose inside the engine bay, so that hole is not necessary. I hope this is the case, or my Dremel will receive another addition to its "to do" list.

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
jlkendri,
I just installed mine this weekend. What part exactly are you not sure about. I used 2 10-32 stainless allen screws on each bracket to mount it to the brackets up top and used zip ties to hold it temporarily on the bottom. I drilled the holes and then tapped them for the screws. I used the nose aluminum pieces to set the angle of the radiator correctly. I can get you some pics if you'd like. What are you using for a shroud/fan? Tony (comtool) helped me out big time in that aread. You are correct about the hose staying inside the engine compartment.
Raul

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
Should I send an email to FFR mentioning that I'm using this and need the panel w/o the hole?
Paul

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just Bitten. Pics would probably help me more than anything. I can usually figure it out if I have something to look at. I'm using the Mustang fan shroud and FFR supplied fan. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts