Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Charter Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what I can do for "explosion proof" on the TR-3650? I haven't been able to find a bellhousing and was wondering if there was a blanket that can be put around the Tremecs bellhousing?
Thanks,
dug

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Contact these folks and tell then that you want the Ford Standard Transmission bellhousing safety blanket. It's about $200.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
I should really take ASPerformance off of my tag-line. The company is now dormant as the lone worker (me) needed to go back to work for Corp America in order to keep living indoors with a warm meal now and again..

·
Charter Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Randy,
Did you mean Gordon Levy or am I missing something?

[ February 26, 2007, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: dug ]

·
Charter Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jared,
Isn't that one is for automatic transmission body, not for a manual bellhousing??

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think what you are referencing is this:

"NHRA rules require any automatic transmission equipped car running 10.99 or quicker (or faster than 135 mph) must be equipped with a transmission shield or blanket-type shield with a SFI rating of 4.1"

But under the description this is just saying what the rules are for the NHRA not that this is only to be used on a Auto trans...just my opinion.

Jared

·
1,595 Posts
The Summit one is for the trans. It does not fit correctly on just the bellhousing. Levy Racing has the correct one.

Bill G

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Originally posted by dug:
I haven't been able to find a bellhousing and was wondering if there was a blanket that can be put around the Tremecs bellhousing?
Thanks,
dug
Dug - You can buy the Scattershield bellhousing from Mike Forte at Forte's Parts Connection.

http://www.fortesparts.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts