Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the above mentioned tranny and am using the I-Squared system. It states that a neutral safety switch needs to be used.

There are two wires on the side of the tranny. Do I just connect them two to each other and then splice into the Isquared?

Or am I totally off base?

Mike O.

·
Junior Charter Member
502 Posts
I am also using a TKO 600. I ran a wire from the load side of the ignition switch (hot in run) to one wire on the side of the tranny. The other wire on the side of the tranny feeds into the starter switch. Look at the nuetral safety switch as just another in-line switch that controls the starter.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Guys,
That terminal is for an automatic transmission.
The switch on the tailshaft housing on a TKO is a neutral indicator switch for the computer.
I've never driven anything of know of anything (other than an automatic) that would require being put in neutral in order to start.
Cars & trucks today have a clutch switch to provide driveline disengagement while starting. This will work in any gear including neutral.
Personally I like the car not to have a safety switch. I'm the safety, not a switch to protect me from my own error.... In over 35 years of insanity (driving that is), I've never crashed because of the lack of a safety switch.
Many a time I've used the starter to move a car in gear.
Mike

·
1,672 Posts
You do need the clutch switch interlock for NHRA and IHRA.

Charlie

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Mike, I wired a safety switch on the clutch into my starter circuit using the I2 system. Karl

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Charlie,
The safety switch is required on all automatics.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts