Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can the transmission be moved left and right?

I installed the Forte Spacer kit yeasturday and got the desired height. In the process I must of moved the transmission towards the PS.

I want to move it a little towards the DS just a pinch and center my shifter.

I must of moved it unwilling yeasturday because the driveshaft is not centered in the safety loops anymore.

The safety loop is easily adjusted.

I assume I lossen the transmission mount bolts on the transmission bracket lift the transmission and slide it to the desired spot set it down and torque it down.

Jason

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There doesn't seem to be room on the frame bracket itself.

But the mount had three holes. Just slide the mount over and use the middle and PS.

Jason
Screenshot_20200323-140813_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-140521_Drive.jpg

·
Junior Charter Member
2,909 Posts
If there is slack, there is no technical problem shifting the tail of the transmission over.

However, why not mount the shifter handle on the other side of the shift stalk?????

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If there is slack, there is no technical problem shifting the tail of the transmission over.

However, why not mount the shifter handle on the other side of the shift stalk?????
Thank you

I will move the shifter over.

Yes but it just seems to me the whole thing is too close to the PS. IDK

I will continue to think about and take in everything before I actually do something.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine is the same. I did the mods mentioned, loosened the engine, trans mounts and pulled it over. Nothing stressful, just get the slack out. My Metco driveshaft loop is close on one side.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm wondering if the metco safety loop will block me from doing this.

The slots on the a frame bracket is 3 wide the center circle access he would be the width of two. IDK of this makes sense to you guys.

I will have to continue to think about this.
Screenshot_20200323-184850_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-184857_Gallery.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Maybe I'm over thinking this.

The drivetran is probably pretty darn straight. It can only go really one way along the length to the car.

It just appears off because of the stuff I add.

1. Move the shifter to the other side like avalanche said. It may look off because of the shape of the aluminum access hole is odd shaped making it look off.

2. Adjust the hoop so its more centered. The driveshaft was angled to align with the DriveTran too low. So I still need to adjust this maybe that will make it look better down there too.

The aluminum and hoop were probably off a little but raising the tail created a greater effect.

I will do these things and go from there.

Jason.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,727 Posts
You do realize that the motor and trans sit to one side a little to asure a bit of offset for the universals by design right??

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do realize that the motor and trans sit to one side a little to asure a bit of offset for the universals by design right??
No I did not. Awesome thank you for. Makes sense now. Thank you.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,519 Posts
As I understand it the eng/trans are offset to the passenger side a little. I always thought that was to give the driver footbox a little more room but offsetting the universals is good too.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Yes, the engine and transmission is offset to the PS. Look at the front of the engine and the chassis cross bars in front of it. As you may be moving the tail of the transmission about, consider the headers and side pipe alignment with the body. If you offset the transmission to get the shifter where you think it should be you may offset the side pipes where it will be hard to correct.

George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts