Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2" hitch receiver neatly tucked tight to the body, part of my rear bumper assembly and it only projects about 1/4" beyond the trunk area.
I want to add a discreet connector for trailer lights etc. if I ever decide to tow.

I am looking for advice on what type of trailer plug connection to use on my 33
for the following goals. I may use it for a hitch mounted cargo tray with a third brake light, I might tow a trailer with an interior cargo light etc. and most important is that it have the one pin that's always hot for the cargo light.

The reason I insist on that is that I plan to buy a battery tender and put a trailer plug on it and make a 2" tube mounted bracket for it. When the car is stored I will plug the tender shelf into the receiver and trailer jack and lay my car keys on the tender shelf. Any suggestions on a quality piece like that appreciated. A lot of what I find looks low quality and rather clunky.
TIA
Dale Berry
Hemi 33

·
Premium Member
935 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice

Try this web site. trailer plugs & wiring products,denver,littleton,colorado
They have all kinds of connectors for tow vehicle & trailers.
Look at their trailer plug mounting systems as well.
Looks like you need a 6 way. LT, RT, GROUND, TAIL LIGHTS, 3RD BRAKE LIGHT & 12V.
Thanks for the link, that site had plenty of options including some nice mounting brackets. Everything I found here retail looked like junk.
DB

·
Registered
238 Posts
Flat 4 and 7 way round are the most popular connectors. Make sure whatever you decide on will plug into everything else. 7-way would be my choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts