Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the deed is done and the kit is ordered.

Before I go and book a U-Haul, does anyone in the MA area have a trailer I could borrow? Tow vehicle will either be my Trailblazer or my son-in-law's Tahoe.

Pickup date is 10/27 and I'm about a 40 minute drive from FFR.

[ September 12, 2007, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Shep ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
I've got a buddy with two trailers. One's really heavy duty the other is really ugly. They are located in Hanson. I also have a 12' box truck, the kit will fit in with the door open. They're all a compromise, but they are available.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Shep, I have one you could use. It's the same one Marky used a few years ago, so I know it'll do the job. I'm a little out of your way, but there's no need to rent.

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Hoofa - If you can check with your buddy, that'd be great.

Joe - I've got a line on another in the area as well, but if that doesn't pan out and I can't grab Hoofa's, I'll take you up on your offer.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
I just can't imagine that people are so willing to help others on any other cobra site - or anywhere else for that matter.

Dave should flag 15 or 20 threads like this one, giving away body bucks, or people coming over to help one another and have every perspective customer read them. The donor car concept is unique, but he hit the nail on the head in his letter, the number 1 thing about FFR is the community here!

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of all the forums I've ever participated in, this one is by far the best. Everyone's willing to help each other out in any way they can. Nobody gets flamed for asking questions, even when a simple search would have provided the answer.

In the 6 months since I sold my first roadster, I've never not checked in here every day.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Shep, I'm due for a visit to FFR. IF we can coordinate it, I could bring the trailer down there and you can just grab it when you pick up.

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe - Sounds interesting. Let me know how things look as we get closer. I'm going to be out of town from 9/25 until 10/14, but I should be able to get e-mails. Thanks again.

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike - Your post came in as I was replying to Joe. I'll keep you on my short list as well - thanks.

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At the rate the offers are coming in I could put the kit in one trailer and one box each in all the others :D .

Thanks Paul.

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To everyone who responded - thanks!

I picked up a used trailer tonight, so I'm good to go on pickup day.

It'll be available to anyone who needs to borrow it for pickups, paint or registrations.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
Shep,
Check out the lifT for sale @ Peps, across from Myettes. he's got it for $650 think he'll take $500. No more bending over! I want it but I can't swing it right now.

·
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hoofa,

I've seen it and as much as I'd love to have it, there's just no room for it. My garage is 80+ years old and only 18 x 14.5. I'm trying to get a variance to put up a new one, but so far the Zoning Board has shot me down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts