Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Allen English
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got you!! :D I thought you guys would like to see this car. Enjoy

I work for Ron Tonkin Dealerships in Portland and had the rare opritunity to check out this awesome car. It is cool - though I really wouldn't ever like owning one as much as my Factory Five, it's too big.

I have more photos Here! you can see.

·
15,282 Posts
Looks like just another knock-off of the GTM, if you ask me.
:D

Nice set of wheels. Haven't seen one in person yet.

Cheers, John

·
779 Posts
Almost everything Saleen has done over the years is kick-ass. This is just another example! Great looking vehicle!

Michael~

·
Allen English
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have met Steve Saleen back when I owned a 1989 Smoke Blue Super Charged one. My car was #368 and they are neat cars. Michael, you are correct about SALEEN 100%. John - the GTM looks to be a awsome car to and I would love to have one for a daily driver. Though I just can't bring myself to getting rid of my truck it's too useful and I don't have room for another car here at this time. :(

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Awe come one Allen, just put a trailer hitch on that thing and get yourself a nice utility trailer and you're all set! Think anyone would notice when you take it to the dump to drop off the yard debris?

Beautiful car, looks suspiciously like a GTM though. - Bob

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Manufactured 12/04? That thing is fresh off the truck eh? Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Allen English
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob - The utility trailer is a good idea as I could add a hitch to my wifes Chevy Tracker for it. The GTM is certainly exotic enough looking. So I can see the possibility of building one of the GTM’s someday maybe. That is if Factory Five can get the inside of the car as nice as this. I doubt that it will be this nice as they want to keep the cost down.
Head liner view

Cockpit

·
Charter Member
6,152 Posts
I bought the bruce almighty DVD just to see this car in action! Those seats look like my daughters baby seat.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Originally posted by Ace:
...That is if Factory Five can get the inside of the car as nice as this. I doubt that it will be this nice as they want to keep the cost down.
Head liner view
Wouldn't it be up to you as the builder to make it look this nice?

·
Charter Member
809 Posts
There is red SA7 in Vancouver that belongs to the guy that owns the 'Chev's of the Forties' business in Portland. He brought an old Chev and his new Saleen to the Ash Bash Car Show this year. Talk about drawing a crowd.

·
3,874 Posts
How about an S7 in full war paint and trust me the sound that this thing made gave a whole new definition to the word BEAST:

Don

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I know, if you have to ask you can't afford it- but what does one of those puppies sticker at?

·
Allen English
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lyonmt, I guess as a builder of the GTM the interior would be up to your definition of nice, but wouldn't it be great to have a formed console and head liner, seats and dash layout this nice available as an upgrade option?

Bob, I will take a picture of the window sticker tomorrow and post it. It will give you the true meening of sticker shock!! :D

Don - That car looks Bad @$S in war paint!! I would love to see these things race.

·
Charter Member
6,152 Posts
I think these cars run about $450,000.

·
7,097 Posts
I like everything but the gauges. Everything is very modern but then they have retro gauges. Nice car tho.

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
I agree about the gauges

1 - 20 of 29 Posts