Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this? I'm swapping out a 3550 for a friend and am trying to decide what to do with the old tranny. It is probably a serviceable box although it has been run on the wrong oil for who knows how long. At the best it's a bolt in and run. At the worst, it's a rebuildable core. All the gears and synchro's look OK. What's it worth?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I paid $800 for one a couple of years ago.
(The guy I got it from had purchased it 14 years ago and never installed it)
With that as a high price, anywhere from about $450 to $800 would be my guess for a working 3550 transmission.
(Also that's assuming a 10 spline input and non road-race gearing)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $800 for one a couple of years ago.
(The guy I got it from had purchased it 14 years ago and never installed it)
With that as a high price, anywhere from about $450 to $800 would be my guess for a working 3550 transmission.
(Also that's assuming a 10 spline input and non road-race gearing)
I'm not sure what gearing it has . I haven't done any tooth count or been able to find a gear count listing. It does have the 26 spline input.

I'm trying to decide whether to sell it as is, go through it and sell it, or keep it for my own project. Tremec says it good for a little more that their 375 rating. I'm building a 425-450 FE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.