Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked thru all the vintage posts in the archives but none of the pictures show up. I was hoping there would still be some around that show some detail of the install. I'm always concerned that a breakdown and careless flatbed operator is going to tear my body.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the Breeze toe hooks on my IRS. They look like they were always there. Sorry, I do not have a picture of them. I will try to get out to the car this week.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I've had the ride twice in 12 years, never had any issues at all with a flat bed ride. As a member of a large local club, I know that not one member has ever had trouble. Tow operators are very considerate of the vehicles they move, it's their lively hood and reputation, and their insurance at risk.
Oh, I only use AAA provided companies.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,046 Posts
Here is one option that has worked well for me. I purchased heavy duty U bolts and welded them to the frame. The ones in the front needed bending to get good clearance for the strap hook. It's easier to bend them before welding.

IMG_1092.JPG IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1094.JPG IMG_1096.JPG

Reactions: pbohrs

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Had the ride twice last year. Both times it was AAA. Two different operators but they both used the same method. They didn't use the tow hooks on the frame. The body gets lower in the front middle for the oil cooler opening and they weren't happy with how close the rigging got to it. They fed short straps though the lower control arms and used that as a hard point. Both times they had planks they used to ease the transition from the road to the deck. The tows were free due to my membership but both guys got a $20 tip for the care they took.

Norm

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the ride twice in 12 years, never had any issues at all with a flat bed ride. As a member of a large local club, I know that not one member has ever had trouble. Tow operators are very considerate of the vehicles they move, it's their lively hood and reputation, and their insurance at risk.
Oh, I only use AAA provided companies.
Thanks, that's a good point. May rethink the hooks. Not sure about track requirements though.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

I use them to tie it down on my trailer

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,514 Posts
Hey Carl,
Where did you get the rear ones? I want a pair for my IRS and Breeze doesnt sell them anymore. I would have to check the bolt size to see if they would work as is.

MZ

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Carl,
Where did you get the rear ones? I want a pair for my IRS and Breeze doesnt sell them anymore. I would have to check the bolt size to see if they would work as is.

MZ
Mike,
It’s was summit or jegs, not expensive
They are a moroso part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts