Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to install cobra earls trunk kit with a finished car. Body on and painted I realize there is some cutting involved but just how hard is it to install.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,273 Posts
Not hard at all. We did mine on a finished car and we had to drop the gas tank down several inches to do the cutting. Best mod that I have done. Much more useful trunk for cooler, tools, etc.

·
Charter Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I`m gald to hear that because I want to purchase one due to me and my wife are going to drive this thing alot. And we need some more room for trips and what not. Other than dropping the tank Any thing else that has to be done. thanks richard

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Richard, I was there for most of Dave's installation and it was no more difficult than mine was during the build with the body off.

The gas tank is only a few minutes to drop down (do try to run most of the gas out, as the sloshing back and forth makes the tank harder to handle unless you've got four hands on it).

Yell and I'll bet some of the Charlotte area guys will drop down to see what kind of beer you have in the fridge and if you've got any tools they can borrow.

I'll be looking for you at the Hill Climb on Sunday. Not sure if we'll see the morning or afternoon run on Sunday....depends upon how tired we are after the Dragon on Saturday.

·
Charter Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info I was making sure I wasn`t biting off more than I could chew. I still hope to go on sunday to the hill climb. I will look for you there. richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.