Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
looks intriguing, Jeff. self cancels after set time. genius.
yes, i was going to put horn>ign>headlight>fan>hazards
would you recommend putting an emergency cut off switch to turn everything off that is easily reached from the DS cockpit?

·
Registered
119 Posts
looks intriguing, Jeff. self cancels after set time. genius.
yes, i was going to put horn>ign>headlight>fan>hazards
would you recommend putting an emergency cut off switch to turn everything off that is easily reached from the DS cockpit?
X2 on the signal dynamics self-cancelling module, works great and passes inspection too on states that require self-canceling. If you go that route, you’ll need a momentary (on)-off-(on) SPDT for the turn signal vs the switch that I sent you and it will also change slightly how you wire your hazards.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Mine is not as convenient as a self canceling switch. I have a on-off-on spring loaded self centering toggle. It also has a longer shaft then the regular toggles. it's on the left side of the dash near the steering wheel

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I usually put turn signal and headlight high/low to the left of the wheel (BTW; every one I have built uses a Signal Dynamics electronic self canceling turn turn signal module but that's a subject for another discussion if you're interested). Using the factory made holes to the right of the wheel with a pre-cut dash I go horn>ignition>headlight switch. When adding a toggle for manual fan control I put it to the right of the headlight switch.

Jeff
Jeff, I looked up signal dynamics self cancelling unit and will likely incorporate it into my build. it says that you can also run the hazards by simultaneously pressing the left and right turn switches at the same time. I was planning on using a momentary toggle (on)-off-(on) for my turn switches. can you wire a separate momentary switch off-(on) to control the hazards? and I'm assuming that these can all be run through the indicator lights on the FF vintage GPS gauges.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I went with the more expensive marine grade switches for my car. Mainly because I do not want to do this job again, plus with an open top car, water will happen.

·
Not a waxer
11,555 Posts
Jeff, I looked up signal dynamics self cancelling unit and will likely incorporate it into my build. it says that you can also run the hazards by simultaneously pressing the left and right turn switches at the same time. I was planning on using a momentary toggle (on)-off-(on) for my turn switches. can you wire a separate momentary switch off-(on) to control the hazards? and I'm assuming that these can all be run through the indicator lights on the FF vintage GPS gauges.
I've set the SD unit up with momentary rocker switches, momentary toggles and also with individual left and right momentary pushbuttons. When using the rocker or toggle switches it's easy to incorporate a separate toggle that is used when activating the flashers. If you go this route send me a message and I'll walk you through it. Yes, the indicators in the gauges are compatible.

Jeff

21 - 26 of 26 Posts